Set a Static IP for Yealink T21PE2 phone

Get help installing your Ooma business phone system.
wolfmon
Re: Set a Static IP for Yealink T21PE2 phone

Post by wolfmon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Yes, we have the same issue, spent hours with L2 tech support and gone nowhere. We are considering dropping Ooma, their lazy approach that creates more problem than it resolves, this is ridiculous. Also, many features promised a while ago like call recording and global spam filtering available on the Telo is still not implemented on Ooma office.
Pull it together Ooma !

FireFish

Post by FireFish » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:06 pm

:?: Why is the default out-of-the-box ADMIN account on Yealink devices not preset to admin as pass? :x :x :x

:!: Ooma - you cannot sell an office level solution and NOT expect IT people to be pissed off at you guys about this nonsense. It's my job to ensure network security and redundancy for our phone service; stick to your job. WTF am I in a situation whereby I'm rifling thru websites for 2 hours AND STILL cannot find the default CFG admin set password on the Yealink phones, particularly the Enterprise IP Phone CP860 and T21 E2 AND T23 LINES????!!!!

:idea: Is this why your company 'requires' that the Yealink IP hardware be purchased directly from Ooma? So you can retain control of the hardware on your SIP network?!??!!

:arrow: ANSWER US, THIS IS WHAT SUCH FORUMS ARE INTENDED TO BE USED FOR!!!
. :x

cheetahbrennanIT

Post by cheetahbrennanIT » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:50 pm

How about using VLAN Tagging? I see that option within the settings menus on my phones, but there's no documentation on enabling the feature. I want to use this function to put my VOIP handsets on their own VLAN, and prioritize that vlan within my firewall.

I would be setting up each phone port as a trunk port on my switches (Aruba 1930), and I'd want the phone to pass VLAN0001 (workstations) untagged to the PC port, and get the phones to get their network information from tagged VLAN0002 (VOIP). Is this doable in an OOMA office environment or do I need to switch to a big-boy phone company?