Caller ID Name No Longer Shown

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Ignonymous
Caller ID Name No Longer Shown

Post by Ignonymous » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Up until about 2 weeks ago (March 2019) I was seeing name and number on my caller id. Now it is only showing the number. I have read in the forums that name is only available in Premier service. I have not had that since the free trial back some years ago. I have had OOMA since 2010 and this is a recent occurrence. Anyone know what has changed? Was I getting a free ride all this time? Or did something change?

williawa

Re: Caller ID Name No Longer Shown

Post by williawa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:20 am

I had the same problem (names quit displaying in the first week of March), have always had called id WITH name since activating my hub in 2010. Opened a chat and was told that service is only available under the paid premier service plan. He suggested I contact technical support (haven't been able to since I was going out of town). I hope this isn't a plan from Ooma to try and get those grandfathered in to start paying money

williawa

Post by williawa » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:47 am

For anyone who's interested... 3rd level support said that caller id with name will not be available to the original hub owners any longer (even if you were to upgrade to premium service). The firmware / license certs haven't been upgraded since around 2010 (when Ooma dropped support for the hub).

They were happy to say that you can still make and receive calls, however my take on that is until they make another change to their system and turn the hubs into bricks. No resolution other than to upgrade to a telo (but no deals for being grandfathered in). My opinion is that it feels like Ooma is slowly going to phase out the hub by changing things on their end.

Ignonymous

Post by Ignonymous » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:20 am

Just for clarity, I have a telo. Upgraded a couple of years ago.

Oomagumma

Post by Oomagumma » Tue May 07, 2019 7:16 am

So, can Ooma comment as to whether we can get a grandfathered upgrade to a newer device in order to retain the service that our Core service level hubs had?