Any way to tell how many calls were blocked by Premier?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lmacmil
Re: Any way to tell how many calls were blocked by Premier?

Post by lmacmil » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 am

You can still create a NoMoRobo account if though you are using it through Ooma. I used it before I got my Ooma and my account is still active. When I login, it shows my home phone number and notes that it's supported via Ooma Premier. I have added 3 numbers to the NMR database in the 6 days since I signed up for the Premier free trial. It's definitely working since only 3 calls have slipped through in 6 days. I was getting 2-5 robocalls per day before.

Two of those calls came up the same on my caller ID with the name of a nearby city and state. I got the same recorded message from a "Medicare patient advocate" and the area code was the same but the number was different. This indicates they are switching phone numbers often so putting them in the NMR database may not block future calls.

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:44 am

It's been 2 weeks since I signed up for Premier and I can report (for anyone who may be wondering), it works! The robocalls that I used to get at a rate of 2 to 6 a day have been reduced to 1 or 2 a week. Not totally eliminated but pretty close. For the calls that do get through, I add them to my blocked call list and to the Nomorobo database. I've decided it's worth the $10/month to get rid of this annoyance.

bigdog

Post by bigdog » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:19 am

I've been requesting this feature for YEARS and hear it is planned but so far it hasn't materialized. I've received a few robocalls and telemarketing calls in the last few days even with premier. Currently I have nomorobo and ooma blacklist go to VM but thinking with the increase just changing it to blocked response.

drrobins

Post by drrobins » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:14 pm

I have used Ooma Premium for about 2 weeks with blocking set on high. This should include Nomorobo, plus whatever blocking Ooma does. I ported over from MagicJack, because they cannot offer Nomorobo. (MagicJack was $35/yr, no taxes.)

I am rather disappointed. I seem to be getting the same types of spam and robocalls as before, and about the same number of calls each day. I have no way of seeing off any calls are being blocked.

Plus, now I'm paying $125/yr plus monthly ~$4.75 taxes.

Customer service could not help me.

Not sure why this is not working at all. HELP.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I don't know if Magic Jack allows you to block all calls not in contacts, but I really like that Ooma feature. All calls not in contacts go to voice mail and I can add new contacts whenever needed.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

RickJ

Post by RickJ » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:05 pm

I posted this in another thread also. Sure would like to get the attention of Ooma decision makers.

Doing my research, Ooma has been promising this update for years. If they don't do it soon I'm going to be forced to change providers. I have a free app on my cell phone that provides a list of blocked numbers. Doesn't seem that it should be that hard for Ooma to do.