Cannot dial out, but I have a dial tone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MarkMB
Re: Cannot dial out, but I have a dial tone

Post by MarkMB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:25 pm

This is five years later, and I have the same problem.

I think that real (noncellular) telephones have been quietly cancelled and Ooma is sucking off the last little pennies.

mikesmithfl

Re: Cannot dial out, but I have a dial tone

Post by mikesmithfl » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 am

It's now 2024 and I've got a Telo with the same problem today. It was working fine until 6 days ago. Nothing has changed with my local network at home. No new changes to my Ooma preferences, but I have tried switching the call blocking (blacklist) and then the 10 digit dialing. Nothing I change in preferences makes a noticeable difference. I've tried the power off/on routine more than a dozen times with varying lengths of time with power off.

The Telo base has a solid blue 'flower' and the dial tone is the regular Ooma musical tone.

THEN, the next day, I was able to receive a single incoming call and the rest go to voice mail. I'm still unable to use Ooma to make outgoing calls.

It's beyond difficult trying to find any documentation to help with real troubleshooting other than initial setup.

smh

Update: I just thought to try something else. We've got two Ooma accounts for Telos at two different locations. When one of the houses is left unoccupied for a while, we set call forwarding from that number to my number where I was having trouble. When I turned off call forwarding at that second unit, I could make and receive calls at this unit again. So, now it's working again. For now. - I did activate call forwarding at the second unit again and it still works.
Mike
Ooma Telo 104 w premier
1 HD2 handset, 1 HD3 handset, 1 Linx remote
configuration: wired connection from T-Mobile home internet to TP-Link router to Ooma Telo