HD3 handset standby time way too short

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MutualCore
HD3 handset standby time way too short

Post by MutualCore » Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 pm

So the first week I was testing the advertised standby time(150hr) and it seemed to be correct. I ran it down to 0% around 6 days in. Then since yesterday it was at 100% charge, I took it off the cradle and today it had completely discharged. Anyone else see this inconsistent battery?

thomasm

Re: HD3 handset standby time way too short

Post by thomasm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 pm

The charging system in the HD3 doesn't work correctly. Sometimes it says the battery is half charged but if you remove and reinsert the batteries it goes all green. Sometimes after being on charge for many hours the battery only lasts less than a day.

I don't even bother using the AC adapter to charge my HD3 handsets any more. I bought a new set of Duracell AAA batteries that came with a charger. I use this charger with the batteries for my HD3 handsets and when the handset shows zero charge I just swap the batteries with a freshly charged set. These fully charged batteries last several days.