New Telo with 4GLTE

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thomasm
New Telo with 4GLTE

Post by thomasm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:22 pm

I was shopping today at Wal-Mart and I happened to be looking around the TV department and much to my surprise I spotted a new Ooma Telo package that included a white Telo and a second device which looked similar to a simpli-safe device. I read the details on the package and apparently it runs on a 4GLTE cellular network. The cheapest plan listed was $12.99 and it included unlimited phone calls and 500Mb of data for "other devices". The biggest shock was the price-$48.99!

Does anyone have additional information about this new Telo? I wonder if it supports Home Security. I wonder if it supports HD3 handsets. It seems too good to be true at that price. Does it also have ethernet connectivity to an existing internet service like the current Telo?

oostburg

Re: New Telo with 4GLTE

Post by oostburg » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 pm

thomasm

Re: New Telo with 4GLTE

Post by thomasm » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Interesting info on the "phone genie". So it's ten bucks more to get the 4GLTE feature including premier. Then of course there's those nasty "taxes and fees" which for me are six and a half bucks (my current premier service is $16.44). So that comes to over 26 bucks a month. Not only that but does this new service support home security? My home security is free because I was an early adopter and had premier when I got it. Who knows if that can be transferred to the new device.

Too many uncertainties for me. Plus my A T & T wireline internet service is very reliable. In the event it should fail I can always just use my cellphone which has unlimited talk & text and six gigabytes of 4GLTE data per month.