12/24, current service outtage?

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
jondc
Re: 12/24, current service outtage?

Post by jondc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:08 pm

voip-ninja wrote:Number of callers would not be the issue here as we can't even get registered, sounds like their SIP servers that handle registration have crashed or gone offline. Hopefully the issue is not that they've not paid their bills and are being punished by their ISP, etc.

I would expect that Ooma have engineers on call for these sorts of issues, but obviously it's bad timing what with their shoestring budget and the fact that it's a holiday weekend.

Still, this is the type of situation where you wake people up, interrupt their vacation, etc, to get things sorted out.

I've been down now for several hours.

I would recommend that Ooma put a "network status" icon on their home page to alert their customers to situations like this.

Yeah probably the SIP... A network status message would be good too..

cranky

Post by cranky » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Down in Los Angeles too.

jondc

Post by jondc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:11 pm

lch2o wrote:Same problem here in Connecticut. The service light is flashing red and the #1 and #2 buttons are solid red.

Let's hope this is a temporary and unique situation.

This has never happened in the five months I've had my hub. I just rebooted here at 11:10pm and it still did not connect. Oddly I'm not frustrated or mad or anything because I have my cell phone; I suppose. I'm willing to put up with growing pains because when it works it's a dream. Sadly perfect timing ha!

I've emailed tech support, as I'm sure a billion other people have, and I'm sure they have someone working on it. I suspect the lights are probably blinking on Andrew's as well, then again the guy probably has his own server just for him! LOL Imagine you're an ooma employee or technician and you look over at your box, see the blinking lights on Christmas Eve.. What's your reaction?

cja1505

Post by cja1505 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Wisconsin reporting in. We're down too, looks like Ooma is giving us all a proverbial lump of coal for Christmas...

Same symptom as everyone else, flashing red service light and lights 1 and 2 are lit.

JoePublic

Post by JoePublic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Same problem here in metro St. Louis. Ooma hub and scouts connecting intermittantly (sometimes blinking red, sometimes solid blue). No problems with my home internet and no problems connecting to https://www.ooma.com. While the ooma hub was blinking red I did what troubleshooting I could. Pressing the tab caused the 1 & 2 buttons to light in "diagnostic" mode. Nothing in their documentation to say what the results of diagnostic mode signify.

I rebooted the hub, now it won't connect. Red tab flashing, and 1 & 2 on solidly, which the documentation DOES say means that the hub cannot connect. (One can assume that this is the same meaning as when in the "diagnostic" display, but the User Guide really should spell that out.) 11:00pm CST Dec 24. The Forum Status message says everything is OK.

jondc

Post by jondc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Could it be the network we're on? I'm using Comcast in Virginia. I would have imagined if this was a larger outage that more people would be commenting, but it's just a few. Also mine was working perfectly UNTIL I rebooted. So it's either a server like voip ninja suggested or perhaps a service provider.

Thoughts?

Anybody know some of the ooma auth servers we could ping?

voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:27 pm

That's not an unreasonable question, if there's a problem between Comcast and whichever ISP Ooma is on.

It's also possible that Ooma is in the processing of upgrading, cutting over their service to a new ISP, etc.

voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:51 pm

OK, finally back up, 11:50PM Mountain Time.

JoePublic

Post by JoePublic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:11 am

I'm up again, also, and have been for at least an hour, since 1am CST. Maybe longer. I wasn't watching that closely. Btw, I'm on Charter Cable in St Louis County.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:28 pm

"ooowhh!! Doctor Watson! Come here quickly... I need you!!"

** "Doctor Watson is not available right now. Would you like to leave a voice-message?? Press 2 to start recording. When you are finished, hang up, or stay on the line for more options..." **
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>