Firmware 425056 - Issues?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
geoart
Firmware 425056 - Issues?

Post by geoart » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 am

Ooma has been rock solid for the past two years for me but on June 27, 2019, my Telo didn't want to connect to Ooma and has been blinking red (two quick blinks followed by a pause). The home of the Setup page shows my internet is "Connected", but "Ooma Network" was not. Any coincidence that my problems started and continues to be an issue since an update was pushed out that very day?

I have my Telo assigned with a static ip and noticed in the June 27th update it made mention of those with a static IP.

Ooma Telo2 425056 Release Notes
Disregard IPv6 DHCP requests [983, 1059]
Fix answering of a waiting call after remote hangs up on first call [492]
Fix conflict with Cloudflare DNS [922]
Fix issue with setting static IP [1112]

Anyone else?

Solution so far..
Changing the DNS server and I'm back online within a minute. Come the next day however, I'm back offline, change the DNS back and I'm back online. Under the Status page, I also see the VPN having issues. I currently did a factory reset, but still the issue so now using "Dynamic (DHCP)" as my connection type to see if that truly resolves it.

thomasm

Re: Firmware 425056 - Issues?

Post by thomasm » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 am

My telo 2 has had a static IP address for years with no problem. Perhaps your internet provider's DNS servers are having a problem.

If you can't resolve the problem try changing the Telo back to using DHCP to obtain it's IP address.

Also, I use Google's DNS servers. They work great! Their IP addresses are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Give 'em a try if your router will let you change DNS servers!

geoart

Post by geoart » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks Thomasm. I also had static IP assigned for a few years and never a problem until last week on the day an update that addresses a Static IP issue was pushed out. Maybe just pure coincidence as mentioned.

Changing to Dynamic seems to be working, but will assign a static ip in a few days to test.

I use OpenDNS and changed to CloudFlare to get it working only for it to stop working the next day and changing back to OpenDNS for it to work again for a day - this is all after rebooting it a few times. Also, the “router” field will not show the IP assigned after saving it and coming back to the page, does yours?

geoart

Post by geoart » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:22 am

UPDATE

Ooma is aware of the issue...fix to come with the current firmware rollout on hold. See their release notes for latest. Thanks Tom.

Workaround for those with a static IP issue is to reboot telo shortly after applying static IP settings. I haven't verified this myself, but as a temp solution I set the Oooma to accept a dynamic IP which works no problem since. For those with DD-WRT devices, you can simply assign your static ip under the Services>Services and add the OOMA's mac address and assign the IP so it will in theory have a static ip.