No Sound - Buttons not working

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mrsmith71
No Sound - Buttons not working

Post by mrsmith71 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:43 pm

I get no sound from telo base. When I have a message, the orange arrow lights, but pressing it only turns the logo purple. I also can't delete the message. None of the buttons do anything except turn the logo purple. I can retrieve my messages on the computer and then the orange arrow turns off.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: No Sound - Buttons not working

Post by Tom » Tue May 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Press the volume up button three times. Next hold down the button at the back of the telo2 for 3 sec. If you don't hear 'registration mode enabled' then the speaker is bad.

mrsmith71

Post by mrsmith71 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:37 am

I did what you suggested and it does appear the speaker has gone bad. This seems to be a common problem. Is there a fix? It seems strange that a speaker that has probably had about an hour's worth of actual run-time would fail. I've got hi-fi and guitar speakers that are perfectly functional after decades of hard use.

rodblaylock

Post by rodblaylock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am

I'm on my third telco. After one month the speaker is not working again. All my security modules can't notify through the telco. I would advise staying away from Ooma. They also told me all replacement equipment is not covered under warranty. Had to get a manager on the phone to get any results.

rodblaylock

Post by rodblaylock » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 am

I've had 4 telco 2's and the sound has quit on all of them. There's nothing to do but replace them. It's hit or miss if Ooma will help. I wish they would put a blu-tooth speaker connection on them or make an Alexa app that would act as a speaker. I have all the security equipment so it's really a problem when Ooma won't announce security breach!

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:30 am

It is fairly easy to open the Telo 2 up and replace the speaker if you know to use a soldering iron. I put in a bigger speaker which required some cutting and fitting of plastic to make it fit.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx