Any way to see if blocked numbers are still calling?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mikehartigan
Any way to see if blocked numbers are still calling?

Post by mikehartigan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:04 am

I'd prefer to keep my blacklist short, so I'd like to delete numbers that are no longer a problem. I'm also curious about how persistent some of the callers are, despite being blocked. Is there any way to see if these numbers are still calling me?

oomamaniacal

Re: Any way to see if blocked numbers are still calling?

Post by oomamaniacal » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Not currently. But, we were told by management a while back that it was under serious consideration, so stay tuned.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

bigdog

Post by bigdog » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:25 pm

I asked about that years ago. I said the only way to measure a filter's effectiveness is to see what it caught. I keep hearing that it is in the works but still waiting....

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 am

I think the spammers are changing numbers so frequently that call number blocking is almost useless. In the last week, I have received 3 calls from caller ID "Claypool IN" All 3 are from the same exchange in my area code but the last 2 digits were different for each call. I've now put Claypool in my blocked names list and we'll see if that works.

bluechalk

Post by bluechalk » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:55 pm

According to https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=376, this was planned for near-term release 11 years ago.

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Lol!