Bluetooth connection to iPhone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jstaso
Bluetooth connection to iPhone

Post by jstaso » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I Bluetooth connected my Telo to my iPhone so I can answer cell calls on my home phone. It used to work but starting a couple of months ago, when I answer a call on the ooma, I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me. Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Bluetooth connection to iPhone

Post by Tom » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Jeffw1206

Post by Jeffw1206 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:48 am

This has been brought to their attention since Oct
Here is the latest update. Don't think it will get fixed for IOs

Dear Customer,
We sincerely apologize as we still don't have a fix for this issue. We have asked for an update from our Engineering and Product Management team, there's no ETA for the fix at this time.
Sincerely,
Kristoffer

Bob in SE PA

Post by Bob in SE PA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 am

Almost 21 months after this problem was identified, I am having this problem and apparently there is still no fix. Incredible!!

GirlFriday715

Re: Bluetooth connection from Android to HS3 handset

Post by GirlFriday715 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm fairly new to Ooma and I purchased an Ooma Telo 2 Air. Before I purchased the system (also have Ooma handsets v3) I confirmed with the company that the feature to bluetooth my cell phone into the handset. When I get a call on my cell phone, the Ooma handset rings. I pick up the handset and there's no audio on the handset. I have to disconnect the bluetooth on my cell phone, then reconnect. After reconnecting the bluetooth, I can now hear the person who called. This whole process takes about a minute so it's really inconvenient and I feel that the company falsified their information when saying they have this feature. They may have it but if it doesn't work, they shouldn't advertise it. :(

GirlFriday715

Re: Bluetooth connection from Android to HS3 handset

Post by GirlFriday715 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:00 pm

I talked to a wonderful person in tech support (not main support) and he fixed the issue. It was such an easy fix, so I'm going to list the steps here.
1. Log into your ooma telo setup (not your my ooma page with dashboard). This is the 192.168.1.XXX
2. On the left hand side click on bluetooth
3. Under general settings, confirm both check boxes are checked.
4. Under configured bluetooth device - find the device that you're having issues with, check the box and select delete
5. Now re-add the device and make sure you accept/allow the permissions
6. Once the device is re-added you should see it in your list again. Confirm it says enabled and there's a green check box (make take a minute or two before it connects)...you can always click the home button in the left navigation and then click bluetooth again. You should now see a green check in the far right column.
6. Have someone call your cell phone for a test and you pick up your handset or whatever device you were having issues with.

In my case simply deleting my registered cell phone and readding it worked. That's all I had to do. But it took several calls to support before I finally got someone who told me to delete my device and re-add it.