Internet Usage measurement (cross-posted)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
12Peter
Internet Usage measurement (cross-posted)

Post by 12Peter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 am

Assuming the Telo measures its internet (IP) throughput, can this information be placed on the dashboard? Or is the data total information available somewhere? I've checked my modem admin screen and even though it shows the Telo (host myx_<MAC Address>) there is no throughput measurement (most connected devices measure this themselves). How do I get this information? TIA

lmacmil

Re: Internet Usage measurement (cross-posted)

Post by lmacmil » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:00 am

My Asus router displays usage by device. Maybe yours does too. The Telo uses very little bandwidth compared to your other connected devices.

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 pm

According to my router, the Ooma telo used 116MB in the last 30 days. There were 9 days when it used 0 and the largest daily usage was 21.5MB. There were only 3 other days that were over 10MB. I can't explain why the usage varies so much. I have to assume that the days with no usage were days when we didn't use the landline at all. For a couple other data points, my Roku used 66GB (we don't have cable and thus stream most of our TV watching) and our main computer used 35GB.

12Peter

Post by 12Peter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks @lmacmil - that gives me an idea. Unfortunately my Hitron router doesn't provide usage per connected device.