Can't Receive Faxes from the IRS?!

Have a question about a specific feature? Post it here!
David_D
Can't Receive Faxes from the IRS?!

Post by David_D » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Working with the IRS is frustrating enough, but last week, Ooma's fax service amplified the frustration to something almost unbearable. In short, after working with an IRS phone agent for 30 minutes (after waiting on hold for 45), she promised to fax me a very important letter, required by my bank to settle an estate. We hung up. Two hours later, still no fax. So, I called the IRS back (waiting an hour for a live rep) and then spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to get the fax. Every time they attempted delivery, it timed out in about ten minutes with an error, "ring but no answer." We tried and retried for about an hour. [To everyone else waiting on hold for an IRS agent, I apologize.] Yet, when I asked somebody else - my local financial adviser - to fax me, it came through instantly. Finally, out of desperation, I LIED TO THE IRS, and told them that my financial adviser's fax number was actually my own because, you see, for reasons of privacy, the IRS is prohibited from sending faxes to a third-party fax machine. Nor can they send an email. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! "Yup, I'm standing right here at the fax machine." <LIE!> Thankfully, they bought it and the fax was received, and then it had to be re-sent to me, so it's not a pretty copy.

This is so serious and so repeatable that I don't feel confident relying on Ooma's fax service after this. I hope my story is somehow helpful.

focuspuller

Re: Can't Receive Faxes from the IRS?!

Post by focuspuller » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:44 am

I've been using onesuite.com...

OneSuite Fax Basic is a fax-to-email service where you can get an inbound fax number and receive unlimited faxes. It's a feature that you can subscribe for $1.00 per month under your OneSuite account. OneSuite Fax Plus further provides outbound fax capability, in addition to unlimited inbound faxes, at $2.95 per month.
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo