Customize Hold Music

Have a question about a specific feature? Post it here!
cdheart
Customize Hold Music

Post by cdheart » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 am

How can i customize the hold music on Ooma office. Can upload my own custom music?

Hermioz

Re: Customize Hold Music

Post by Hermioz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 am

I have the same question. Is it even possible?
Property in Italy https://tranio.com/italy/

anthonysvarela

Post by anthonysvarela » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:56 am

I can't even upload my file in the first place. It is an .mp3 and under 5MB at 4,258kb. Any help?

cmia

Post by cmia » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:44 am

its possible but amateur. can download a music file and it will play from the start each time. frequent callers noticed it in our office. not a serious business phone system in my estimation.

vgiordano

Post by vgiordano » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 am

You can upload a music file by going to Settings>System>Music
Ooma Office since September 2015
Fiber internet
2 base stations with 2 linx, 5 Yealink T21's

ace79942

Post by ace79942 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:49 am

Two things here,

#1 (MUSIC HOLD FILE SIZE ISSUE)
I had the same problem where I had an mp3 that was slightly under 5MB; 4,853KB to be exact, and it did NOT want to upload; it kept saying the file must be under 5MB, and it was under.
Thankfully we have software to reduce the quality and maintain the length of the file, either way, we reduced it to 4.5MB and it still didn't work, we brought it all the way down to 4.1MB, exactly 4,187KB, and it worked.
It was upsetting, we ended up reducing the quality of the audio file from 128kbps to 96kbps and it was noticeable, dull-sounding, lost brilliance and clarity.

#2 (CALL ON HOLD GOES BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE SELECTED TRACK AGAIN AND AGAIN)
On the subject where [The caller gets hold music to loop, but in the way of obnoxiously repeating from the very beginning of the track every time they are taken off placed back on hold... So, basically the track would go back to the beginning, imagine placing someone back and froth on hold a few times within the first minute of a call.... not allowing the caller to listen to your crafted company motto, company message, advertising of our products, or our voice-over vocal recordings in the studio over the hold music saying why our services are better than the competition etc... In contrast, other "music on hold features" from competitors such as Vonage Business, Ring Central etc, allow the caller to listen to hold music and if taken off hold and placed back on hold, the caller stays in the same place (minute and second) of the hold music or voice-over, thus come back right where they left off... It is true however, ALL SYSTEMS, the competition or OOMA Office, if called stays on hold long enough the track will eventually loop/repeat, but in OOMA they would have to remain on hold for it to loop nicely. Other IP systems will go on to the next track (allowing you to have more than one hold track sequentially [Vonage for example]) even allowing you to have a "random track pick" when placing someone on hold as an option... This is not a special feature, these are STANDARD FEATURES, and these features are old, like 2005 old, I've been thru quite a few phone systems as an admistrator. OOMA is great, but it is behind in that aspect for sure. Best value though... OOMA, we believe they will improve.