Ooma Telo Issues

Have a question about a specific feature? Post it here!
bgwalker
Ooma Telo Issues

Post by bgwalker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:12 am

I have two Ooma Telo's and have had nothing but issues with them. Both are on the same network - One in my home and one in my shop (for business). Sometimes they work, but most of the time they don't. When they don't work, the light is blue, but I cannot call in or out. When I call in, it never rings, although it does ring the Ooma app. When I call out, there's a long delay, then a fast busy - I can call out just fine on the Ooma app.

At first, I had them hooked up via the wireless adapter. I've eliminated that and they are now wired - No change. I've even changed my internet service recently and it's still doing the same thing. This included changing out the router. My bandwidth is more than enough (100 down/25 up), with latency under 100ms and jitter under 30ms.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on. Any ideas?

murphy

Re: Ooma Telo Issues

Post by murphy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:04 am

Are they hooked up in series? That can be made to work but by default it won't work.

Hook each Telo to its own port on the router so they don't interfere with each other.

Do you have 10 digit dialing enabled? If you don't all 10 digit numbers must be preceded by a one.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx