Replacement home Telo flashing red, can't reach customer support

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Randysea
Replacement home Telo flashing red, can't reach customer support

Post by Randysea » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:31 am

My old Telo died. I bought a new one directly from Ooma. Support person said I should just connect as the old one and it would be setup to work immediately. All I get is the flashing red light. The telo is connected via ethernet directly to the main router.

Although supposedly it should not need activation, I eventually tried to activate with the number on the bottom. Got an error message "Something went wrong".

Tried calling support for two days. Infinite hold. The Chat server is not working. What can I do?

Randysea

Re: Replacement home Telo flashing red, can't reach customer support

Post by Randysea » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:39 am

Followup: The old Telo had a USB thing plugged into the port. The new one didn't. I tried putting the old USB thing into the new Telo. Made no difference.

Randysea

Post by Randysea » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:44 pm

Oooma Telo now working.

I emailed Ooma and, without a long wait, got a call back. After two calls, someone said he had changed some setting on my account. I rebooted the Telo and this time it started working normally. I didn't even lose the outgoing voicemail message I had recorded years ago.

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:53 pm

What is the email address you used to contact Ooma?

Randysea

Post by Randysea » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:53 pm

I got this from the Ooma website:
customeradvocate@ooma.com

Eddiesalsa51

Post by Eddiesalsa51 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:22 pm

I am having the same issue. My current Telo base unit for the past 2 months has been blinking Red, after waiting on the line for over 2hrs, I finally got a hold of customer service. Did all the normal troubleshooting procedures and the rep even indicated that he sent a firmware update to the unit. It's been 2 weeks and still no luck. I just purchased a new base unit and to reach customer service to activate and transfer my account to the new base unit is a total nightmare.

Is it me or has the customer service & technical support level for Ooma has hit rock bottom. I remember when they first started they were on point in both customer service and technical support. Now trying to get a hold of a live agent to help resolve the simplest issue is like your in "Call Waiting Hell", and once you get someone they can't even resolve your issue instead talk about having to send a ticket to technical support... 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬