Porting Kudos

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
hwgang
Porting Kudos

Post by hwgang » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:23 pm

I ported two numbers in the last week on two separate accounts. One for our own use (our third port to ooma) and one for my mom (her first port to ooma).

The request completed on July 3 has a porting date of the week of 17th. I was notified of that date on July 6th (next business day)

The request completed on July 7th was also notified a few days later and has a porting date of the week of the 21st.

My experience with prior ports is that they are completed on the date referenced, even though they are not guaranteed on that date.

BRAVO and thanks! This is close to instant satisfaction. :D

Quicksprj

Re: Porting Kudos

Post by Quicksprj » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:16 pm

I potted my qwest number to ooma recently. I had a dsl line and phone line combined. I called qwest before the port to see if there was something I could do to avoid loosing my dsl and was told by qwest that ooma had done the request the right way. I had a porting and a stand alone dsl request set up with qwest and it went super smooth. I think I was without dsl for 15 seconds. Didn't even notice. I was told that a lot of times voip companies ask for the service instead of just the number port nut obviously oomahas their act togethor. Great job ooma!!!!!

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Wow, that's encouraging! I will eventually have to port my number and it looks as though ooma raising the bar!

Wayne

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:28 pm

I think the holiday rush caught ooma by surprise but now they have caught up with the demand. good job ooma!

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am

I ported a number a while back and it took 5 weeks. Recently I started to port a 2nd number to a 2nd Ooma hub, and the process seems a lot more automated.

So far Ooma doesn't seem quite as spot on for me as they were for you. It has been about 2 business days after my port request and still no notice about when the port will occur.

I'm looking forward to having no AT&T bill.