Accessing INSTANT voicemail without using hub/scout?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
scoot
Accessing INSTANT voicemail without using hub/scout?

Post by scoot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 pm

My ooma hub and scout are not conveniently located to access my voicemail.

When someone leaves me a voicemail, the voicemail light on my phone flashes. So I want to dial to get INSTANT access to my voice messages. (with Qwest we dialed *98)

Is it true that instant voice mail access is not a feature on ooma through dialing? (I already know you can access it with the hub/scout)

Others have suggested that I use remote access and dial my full number from the outside to access it remotely, but if I'm in my house I have to let it ring for 24 sec. before I can get to my voicemail. Is waiting 24 sec. the only voicemail option besides using the hub/scout or am I missing something here?

Let me know. Thanks.

WayneDsr

Re: Accessing INSTANT voicemail without using hub/scout?

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Calling your own phone number at home will get you straight to voicemail without ringing your phone.

Wayne

gbickel1

Post by gbickel1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:49 am

WayneDsr wrote:Calling your own phone number at home will get you straight to voicemail without ringing your phone.

Wayne
Great. I will be programming the VM button on my phones. Do I need to include the area code, or will the 7 digits do it.

niknak

Post by niknak » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 am

7 digits

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 am

7 digits will do it, although you may have a few second waiting period before it connects.

Wayne