Setup Issues

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
rs1990
Re: Setup Issues

Post by rs1990 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:14 pm

wase4711 wrote:well, you should probably email them, and call, since it is new years eve, they may not have anyone there..

do you have a phone plugged into the phone port on the ooma, or into the wall port on the ooma, or, neither?
Yeah, I tried to call...would be nice if they just said that they are closed rather than letting me go through everything and then waiting on hold for 5 minutes before just disconnecting me.

I have a phone plugged into the phone jack on the ooma, though I also tried it with nothing there.
-Rick

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:16 pm

I think I see the problem in your logs - it looks like the Mac address that was activated as ****86 instead of ****B6 (the B's and 8's can sometimes be difficult to distinguish).

I'll notify our engineering folks to make the change. I'm not too sure if anyone will be able to make the swap tonight - but I think there'll be someone from engineering available tomorrow.

rs1990

Post by rs1990 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Mojo wrote:I think I see the problem in your logs - it looks like the Mac address that was activated as ****86 instead of ****B6 (the B's and 8's can sometimes be difficult to distinguish).

I'll notify our engineering folks to make the change. I'm not too sure if anyone will be able to make the swap tonight - but I think there'll be someone from engineering available tomorrow.
Awesome Mojo...thanks. I guess I never would have figured that out even if I spent forever on it. Thanks for looking.
-Rick

rs1990

Post by rs1990 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:52 am

All set now...thanks everyone for the help. Thanks Mojo for figuring out that my MAC address was wrong and for getting that updated.
-Rick