Porting issues

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
dldugan
Porting issues

Post by dldugan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:03 pm

My Verizon number was evidently ported yesterday as all calls to the number give the message "All Circuits Busy". I can still make a call using the line.

It was my understanding that the Verizon number would now be ringing through to the OOMA hub. It is not. Any suggestions?

niknak

Re: Porting issues

Post by niknak » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:08 pm

reboot the hub

dldugan

Post by dldugan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Didn't help. The tempory number is still active on the hub and calls can be made from the hub.

niknak

Post by niknak » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm

if you did the complete reset by holding down the ooma tab on top while rebooting you may have to call cs to resolve this

dldugan

Post by dldugan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Complete reboot didn' help so I will make the painful call tomorrow.

niknak

Post by niknak » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:53 pm

sounds like the port is "half done"
hopefully ooma engineering can solve it right away

dldugan

Post by dldugan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:15 am

Verizon ported the number on 8/22 and landline was dead on 8/23. Called OOMA support and only had to wait less than 10 minutes for a rep. There was a little problem with the English, but we finally were able to communicate. The call quality was terriible, fades and echoes. Not a very good advertisment for the service.

However, I guess porting is not so seemless. I was told that it would be at least the 24th before the number would be active and I should try it then.

It appears to me that OOMA already has the number as callers recieve a message that All Circuits are Busy. Verizon says this message is not coming from them.

If one expects a seemless port they may be disappointed.

jimc28352

Post by jimc28352 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:42 am

dldugan wrote:Verizon ported the number on 8/22 and landline was dead on 8/23. Called OOMA support and only had to wait less than 10 minutes for a rep. There was a little problem with the English, but we finally were able to communicate. The call quality was terriible, fades and echoes. Not a very good advertisment for the service.

However, I guess porting is not so seemless. I was told that it would be at least the 24th before the number would be active and I should try it then.

It appears to me that OOMA already has the number as callers recieve a message that All Circuits are Busy. Verizon says this message is not coming from them.

I'm in the same boat since Fri morning. My ported number says its now disconnected. Hopefully Ooma will fix this Monday morning.

noworries

Post by noworries » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:17 am

Did this ever get fixed? If so what did they have to do? Thanks! Having similar problems.
jimc28352 wrote:
dldugan wrote:Verizon ported the number on 8/22 and landline was dead on 8/23. Called OOMA support and only had to wait less than 10 minutes for a rep. There was a little problem with the English, but we finally were able to communicate. The call quality was terriible, fades and echoes. Not a very good advertisment for the service.

I'm in the same boat since Fri morning. My ported number says its now disconnected. Hopefully Ooma will fix this Monday morning.

dldugan

Post by dldugan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Yes, just as OOMA said, on Monday the porting was completed and the ported number started ringing through to the hub. 3 days seems to be a long time for this to have taken, but I suspect this was the result of the weekend.