CallerID still showing different name

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
sairam
CallerID still showing different name

Post by sairam » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:17 am

Activated Ooma on July 15, 2009.

Complained the next day. No use.
Created a trouble ticket after 15 days. No use.
Called technical support 5 times. No use. Every time I called, I get an answer like the callerId name will be fixed within 48 hours. No use.

Today is 40th day. Still wrong CallerID.

Call quality excellent. Customer support - you figure out!

UPDATE:

Today is 9/15 and it's been exactly 2 months since I activated Ooma,
but the above problem is not resolved yet. Still showing wrong name.
Last edited by sairam on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thbjr

Re: CallerID still showing different name

Post by thbjr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Well, for what it's worth, my ATT cell phone took about 3 months to change from 'wireless caller' to my name at home. Something about cariers renewing their CID list. So after a week, when I called someone like my sis in another state that I hadn't called before, it came up with my name, while at home it was still 'wireless caller'. It stayed wireless caller on my home landline (Cox) for at least 3 months before it came started coming up with my name.
My OOMA was still coming up 'OOMA,INC' untill my number ported last week, then instantly it was correct name in the CID. I think that's because it was already correct in all the CID list.

chuenl

Post by chuenl » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 pm

I wish that they just let us to change our own caller ID display name in the ooma lounge. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me, but I guess that it is not a feature most people complained about.

Laser

Post by Laser » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 pm

chuenl wrote:I wish that they just let us to change our own caller ID display name in the ooma lounge. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me, but I guess that it is not a feature most people complained about.
I agree. I think it stinks that I call professional places and I come up as Ooma Inc.

niknak

Post by niknak » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

chuenl wrote:I wish that they just let us to change our own caller ID display name in the ooma lounge. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me, but I guess that it is not a feature most people complained about.
If people were able to change their own caller ID, what's to prevent them from using a false or deceptive ID?

Laser

Post by Laser » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 pm

niknak wrote:
If people were able to change their own caller ID, what's to prevent them from using a false or deceptive ID?
at least give us the option to display our names registered with Oooma. That's all I'm asking. It doesn't have to be "Place your nickname here".

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:56 am

Laser wrote:at least give us the option to display our names registered with Oooma. That's all I'm asking. It doesn't have to be "Place your nickname here".
That is the way it is supposed to work and is the way it does work for me.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:07 am

7 months here and my name still doesn't show up on CID. I ported my number over from Verizon and have never had the correct info show up. It just shows OUT OF AREA when I call folks.

Very frustrating, but Ooma says they've done everything they can. It's up to the carriers to update their CID databases. 7 months seems a little extreme to me.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

Laser

Post by Laser » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 am

bryanlyle wrote:7 months here and my name still doesn't show up on CID. I ported my number over from Verizon and have never had the correct info show up. It just shows OUT OF AREA when I call folks.

Very frustrating, but Ooma says they've done everything they can. It's up to the carriers to update their CID databases. 7 months seems a little extreme to me.
I agree, but that's not the case with me at all. My CID info USED TO say my name. NOW it says Ooma Inc.

Laser

Post by Laser » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 am

murphy wrote:
Laser wrote:at least give us the option to display our names registered with Oooma. That's all I'm asking. It doesn't have to be "Place your nickname here".
That is the way it is supposed to work and is the way it does work for me.
how did you get it to work?