second line limitations

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
hogdoc
Re: second line limitations

Post by hogdoc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Since you want to run 3 phone lines, the best way to do this is by a PBX. You have a central box that handles all you lines and extensions. I currently have a KX-TA824 that handles up to 8 lines and 24 extensions. right now I have vonage, cable VOIP, Ooma X2 lines and one POTS line all living together just fine. Tons of options will be open to you for call handling. PM if you have questions.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:36 pm

dtalwar wrote:Off topic, I know, but does anyone know how to get your invite accepted for a GV account? Have been trying for several weeks now without luck. Any tips and tricks?
I've actually been able to get several for folks without a problem. The key is to make sure you are requesting from a valid email account and that you have placed Google Voice [voice-noreply@google.com] in your safe senders list. I've had several folks tell me that they found theirs in their junk mail folder. Right now it is taking about 3 or 4 days to turn around an invitation.

The GV product is awesome! Right now my landline is acting up and Qwest asked if I wanted my calls forwarded to my landline - I told them no thanks, I'll just set my GV account to forward to my ooma system.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 pm

On the downside my GV number has been down since the weekend and no fix in sight. Check it now and then to make sure it's working.
"your call cannot be completed as dialed" is what everyone hears.

Wayne

ggilman

Post by ggilman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:41 pm

dtalwar wrote:Off topic, I know, but does anyone know how to get your invite accepted for a GV account? Have been trying for several weeks now without luck. Any tips and tricks?
If you're in the military or know someone who is but will not be using google voice, they are giving priority to anyone with a .mil address. Invite is supposed to be received within 24 hours. Just requested mine via that route. You have to sign up at a different URL though: https://services.google.com/fb/forms/go ... emilitary/