Heavy Echo on my end

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Kort
Re: Heavy Echo on my end

Post by Kort » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 am

sonic2000 wrote:What i can't understand is the very very low, subtle noise, and constant sound as compared to my clear landline. It's so subtle that if you dont' usually use a landline you woudln't notice it, but of course it's not as bad as i seem to put it.
That must be the heartbeat of the internet, kind of like cosmic background radiation. ;)

trim81

Post by trim81 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Today, 12/18/2008 I have noticable echo on my end.

Calls FROM 626 area code to 408 area code <--12/18/2008 at 3:24PM

Anyone else having echo issues lately?

warthman

Post by warthman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:29 pm

I had bad echo today on a local call I initiated within the 650 area code.

rcacace

Post by rcacace » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Here's the most lame response ever to my email query to ooma about my occasional echo problem:
Echo is caused by some sort of feedback. Please check all the wires and the power to make sure everything is grounded.
What kind of copout answer is that?

atici

Post by atici » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 am

rcacace wrote:Here's the most lame response ever to my email query to ooma about my occasional echo problem:
Echo is caused by some sort of feedback. Please check all the wires and the power to make sure everything is grounded.
What kind of copout answer is that?
Haha, totally agree. I think ooma needs bunch of guys to continuously test with domestic / international calls and debug whenever there is a problem. I have echo every once in a while in domestic calls and in international calls I see it work only half the time. When you report this, they say they want the call dates/times and ask if I tried it 3 times (which is stupid but still I do). After that you never hear from them again. However 98% the domestic calls work great.