Ooma Telo

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
southsound
Re: Ooma Telo

Post by southsound » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:20 am

mk11 wrote:Do the Telo handsets have a speaker function? That is mandatory for me. With my current Ooma system, I use Uniden expandable cordless phones and they have a terrific speaker. I always use it and do not want to go back to holding the phone to my ear constantly.
If you look at the picture of the handset it has a button with a speaker on it - I assume that it does have speakerphone functionality. The following picture shows the handset. Unfortunately it does not show up in IE but will work with other browsers.

If it does not work for you copy the following link and view it in another browser directly. http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-tehran ... andset.jpg
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mk11

Post by mk11 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 am

Thank you Southsound. Yes, I saw that photo in the other thread, and was hoping that is a speaker, but expected to see a clear "speaker" button. (Great photos by the way.)

Maybe it will appear as an option on the screen when the call is in progress. My cell phone is like that. I just wanted confirmation that the feature is included.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Hello all!

From what I hear of the Telo, it will offer all the features of the hub and scout (two line/call waiting/distinctive ring/etc.) with out the need to have a 'scout'. It sounds very good!!

Any news on the upcoming Telo release? (Q3, right?) Any definitive dates at this point?

Ride on...

AlpineMan

Post by AlpineMan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:12 pm

I have my Ooma hub connected to the side of our house where the main phone distribution wiring is located. This way, all phone jacks in our house are "Ooma'd". We don't use any Scouts at all. We already have DECT 6.0 phones. What does the Telo give us, that we don't already have today?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:51 pm

AlpineMan wrote:I have my Ooma hub connected to the side of our house where the main phone distribution wiring is located. This way, all phone jacks in our house are "Ooma'd". We don't use any Scouts at all. We already have DECT 6.0 phones. What does the Telo give us, that we don't already have today?
Getting all of your home phones Ooma'd is a great move! By sourcing all phone jacks to the hub, you certainly do achieve that. The Scout ensures an always accessible second line. (Someone else in the house can answer an incoming call while you continue, uninterrupted and unnoticed, on your call.) Another benefit the Scout provides is two simultaneous outgoing lines. If you are on line 1 and someone else wants to make a call, selecting line 2 on a Scout permits an independent, and simultaneous call.

I am not aware that this feature is accessible without a Scout.

Just the same, without the Scout, you do have call waiting and conference call capabilities. In the latter, if you are on a call on line 1 put that call on hold, call person 2, and then merge the calls together. I believe you need to have direct access to the hub to use this.

Call waiting, receiving a call while on a call, is a feature that doesn't require the Scout. You can place call 1 on hold, answer call 2, and then toggle back and forth as you like. (To merge the calls, you would again need direct hub access.)

The Telo incorporates the hub/scout features into each physical phone. Yes, like your current phone, they are (at least rumored to be) DECT 6.0. The Telo package may come with one or two hand pieces (I don't know), whatever the case, it is expandable to at least six hand pieces. All of which incorporate the features above. Additionally, as with the current hub/scouts, you can specify which physical phone should ring when the Caller ID meets certain specs... You can also have calls from work ring distinctively from calls from friends which are again distinctive from calls from family, and so on...

These are features; no one will get mad if you don't want or need them. I am not aware of any phones (DECT or otherwise) that provide these extras.

homli

Post by homli » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Getting antsy wondering if we'll be able to order the Telo sometime in the next ~three weeks to meet the Q3 deadline. :-)

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:15 am

Kevin1844

Post by Kevin1844 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:16 am

Come on, Telo! I BADLY need a new cordless phone system and I want to replace it with the you! Half of my buttons don't work and the other half BARELY work. Hurry up!!!

That is all. :)

wtnixon

Post by wtnixon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 pm

I find it hard to believe that it'll be out October 1. First, according to the forum, it just went into beta testing. Second, nobody's begun pre-selling it. I would have expected ooma.com or amazon.com to have teasers about it. But there's absolutely nothing out there about it other than the few links. I would think that if a product was going to be sold in 11 days, there'd be something published about it. At least on their own website. Being a ooma user, I'm disappointed in the lack of information on the new version....

Lola

Post by Lola » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:24 pm

I was reading the following article and I am a little confused. From what I read here there is a Telo version being released now (10/1) and then a second Telo model with blue-tooth and SIP trunking capabilities being released a few months later in Q1 of 2010. Not completely sure on the difference of the models, I am assuming they are both in beta, since Q1 of 2010 is just around the corner (but then again the first Telo was supposed to have been out a while ago)