"Were sorry.." Number disconnected?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jonathan75
"Were sorry.." Number disconnected?

Post by jonathan75 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 pm

I just received ooma today and got everything set up fine. But I noticed that any land line calls I received would not ring the phone connected to my ooma hub. I started the porting process but it will take a few weeks to work and still need to receive my landline calls. So I called support and they said they can change a setting so I can receive landline and ooma calls on to the phone connected to the ooma hub. After they made the change if someone calls my landline my ooma connected phone will ring. But if someone calls my "temporary" ooma number it gives the "Were sorry, the number you tried to call is disconnected or no longer in service." It worked fine before but after they changed it so I can receive my landline calls nobody can call my ooma number. Is there a way to have both work until the number is ported? I can currently call out on using the ooma line but can not receive calls to it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

2-busy-2

Re: "Were sorry.." Number disconnected?

Post by 2-busy-2 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:17 am

Sounds like you did the same thing I did.

I wanted to try the Ooma system before I ported my old number, so I selected a (Temp) new number.

Then I found out that the calls in would not ring my home phones, unless they were plugged into the old land line system.

I called customer support and to have it ring the Ooma system, they had to assign the account to my old land line number, then everything worked fine.

The Temp number that I selected was disconnected, so if you need a different number and select a new number just logon to the ooma.com/lounge and then go to Preferences and 'add a new phone number'. You can have up to 10 numbers.

Also keep in mind that your account changes to the land line number, not the Temp number you selected to start the process.

jonathan75

Post by jonathan75 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks, I added a number and it works good. Just wish I can make my scout private and still get calls from the "main" number on it too. It will only allow me to answer calls directed to its number. But if someone calls the main number my scout will still flash but I can't pick it up. :( Does anyone know a work around?

Thanks,
Jonathan

2-busy-2

Post by 2-busy-2 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you want, but I looked under 'Prefenences' then 'Phone Numbers'. I don't totally understand this function, but you can get more information by doing a search in the forums and use the key words 'Shared' & 'Devices'