Support DTMF through the phone port for incoming calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
wolfs
Support DTMF through the phone port for incoming calls

Post by wolfs » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Many SOHO/Small businesses would like to attach an IVR/Auto Attendant system or existing small PBX system behind the ooma system, but no DTMF pass-through kills it.

scottlindner

Re: Support DTMF through the phone port for incoming calls

Post by scottlindner » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Good luck. This has been rehashed many times. I don't think this one is gonna happen, for the very reason you are requesting it.

jm9496

Post by jm9496 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:14 am

but this "problem" also screws with, for example,
[*]remote fax reception (when your fax machine holds faxes in memory and then you call and have them forwarded to you)
[*]widgets like house freezing monitors that you call to check the temperature when you are away on vacation during winter (EXAMPLE http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/131 ... ct/50-2002 and yes, I do know people who leave home for 1-2 months and use these things)
[*]alarm call-back programming used to program napco and other home alarm systems

niknak

Post by niknak » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am

jm9496 wrote:but this "problem" also screws with, for example,
[*]remote fax reception (when your fax machine holds faxes in memory and then you call and have them forwarded to you)
[*]widgets like house freezing monitors that you call to check the temperature when you are away on vacation during winter (EXAMPLE http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/131 ... ct/50-2002 and yes, I do know people who leave home for 1-2 months and use these things)
[*]alarm call-back programming used to program napco and other home alarm systems
ooma is a residential Voice Over IP - if those options are needed it's best to maintain POTS

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm

niknak wrote:
jm9496 wrote:but this "problem" also screws with, for example,
ooma is a residential Voice Over IP - if those options are needed it's best to maintain POTS
That is a weak argument since many VOIP providers do not block DTMF.

Scott

just4fn

Post by just4fn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am

Why does Ooma block DTMF signals? I am pretty sure they didn't when I 1st got the sytem but now they are blocked.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 pm

They have always been blocked for me which was since late March of this year.

just4fn

Post by just4fn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 pm

The reason I don't think they were blocked is that I had an answering machine hooked up and I believe i was able to access it through the dtmf tones. I could be wrong but that is what I remember.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Right now, inbound DTMF doesn't work on the Hub due to a limitation with a proprietary hardware component/driver.

We are planning to support inbound DTMF on the Ooma Telo, since the device is not limited by this proprietary component.
Bobby B

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 am

Bobby B wrote:Right now, inbound DTMF doesn't work on the Hub due to a limitation with a proprietary hardware component/driver.

We are planning to support inbound DTMF on the Ooma Telo, since the device is not limited by this proprietary component.
Thank you for stating the hard facts on this. That is what we needed to know to stop the swirl on it.

Scott