New website looks great, but ... Blacklist issues

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
jtykal
New website looks great, but ... Blacklist issues

Post by jtykal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 pm

There's a major problem when I try to add a number from my Call Log to my Personal Blacklist. For most call log entries, a dialog box pops up with a completely different number than the one I selected. It's not even a number that's in my call logs at all! For a few entries, however, it seems to behave properly.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: New website looks great, but ... Blacklist issues

Post by Bobby B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks for the report -- we'll try to resolve this one tomorrow.
Bobby B

jtykal

Post by jtykal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 pm

FYI, I was able to go to the blacklist and add the desired numbers manually.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:16 am

I thought I had the same problem but realized I was trying to add a number to the blacklist that already existed. Could you double check if that is what happened? The new lounge call log doesn't indicate numbers that have been blacklisted like the old lounge call log used to.

Scott

jtykal

Post by jtykal » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:04 am

scottlindner wrote:I thought I had the same problem but realized I was trying to add a number to the blacklist that already existed. Could you double check if that is what happened? The new lounge call log doesn't indicate numbers that have been blacklisted like the old lounge call log used to.

Scott
Not the same issue, Scott. I tried randomly selecting numbers from my call log -- many of which are friends and family and definitely not on my blacklist -- and the dialog box that came up to add them had a completely different name and number than the entry I selected.
That said, even if the number WAS already in my blacklist, the behavior is incorrect.

RedStripe

Post by RedStripe » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:00 am

Same issue here. I'm in the call log page and I'm trying to block a recent call from the 318 area code, and when I click the block icon in the right most column, the correct dialog box pops up, but it's a completely different number (608-237-7421). Regardless, I try to save this blacklist item, but it doesn't save. And no, the 318 number I'm trying to blacklist is not already on my blacklist. Something is wrong with the blacklist functionality from the call log page with this new my.ooma.com site.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 pm

I just tried and I'm having the same issue. It seems to be selecting names/numbers from a different database than the name and number on the call log.

whn

Post by whn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Bobby B wrote:Thanks for the report -- we'll try to resolve this one tomorrow.

Thanks Bobby

Having the same issues.

whn

Post by whn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

jtykal wrote:FYI, I was able to go to the blacklist and add the desired numbers manually.

for me, this also was not working, it would just spin loading.

mhowie

Post by mhowie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Ditto here. I click on a phone number for blacklist addition and the phone number and caller ID info in the popup box is completely different (quite random, really, as I don't recognize) than the number I am attempting to add to my blacklist.
--Howie