Is voicemail only a premier offering?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
donwob
Is voicemail only a premier offering?

Post by donwob » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm

I was looking though the incredible new website, and noticed the posting on the blog page. In short, it states that all new customers will need to order premier in capture voicemail. Wow this is a big reduction of core services. Makes me happy that I got in on ooma early on.

I wonder what the reasoning why they made such a dramatic cut.

bw1

Re: Is voicemail only a premier offering?

Post by bw1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:53 pm

donwob wrote:I was looking though the incredible new website, and noticed the posting on the blog page. In short, it states that all new customers will need to order premier in capture voicemail. Wow this is a big reduction of core services. Makes me happy that I got in on ooma early on.

I wonder what the reasoning why they made such a dramatic cut.
It's also still part of the core service, but new customers who purchase the Telo will get basic service after their 60 day premier trial expires.

Probably to get more customers to sign up for premier.

Also, it looks like Enhanced Voicemail is available for $4.99 / mo. or $49.99 / yr.

gnomexp

Post by gnomexp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 pm

As long as I continue to receive free voicemail, especially since my product box says I get it "at no extra charge," I'm happy. The minute they cut that service, however, is the minute I ask them for a full refund.

I would love a clarification on this, since it was also never clear that my monthly minutes were limited (granted, 5000 a month is a lot, so no issues).

Mike_TV

Post by Mike_TV » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:50 am

So voicemail is no longer included in the pre-paid "free" option? If this is the case, from the new T&Cs, this will be a deal killer for a lot of new Ooma customers.

Stone Cold

Post by Stone Cold » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:40 am

I've been an Ooma user for just over a month. My number port completed two weeks ago. I just was telling my wife yesterday how happy I was with the service. Especially the voicemail and the call screening.

But then I get the dreaded e-mail this morning of changes!

The e-mail clearly states that as an existing Ooma core customer, I keep "voicemail". But I'm a little confused and disappointed by my inability to find the short answer to the following question:

Though I get to keep voicemail, what about the stuff listed as "enhanced voicemail" in the new Preimer description. Do I keep call screening? Do I keep voicemail to e-mail forwarding? Or does all that disappear with this change?
Also, it looks like Enhanced Voicemail is available for $4.99 / mo. or $49.99 / yr.
I haven't found this fact yet...bw1, could you please cite the source?

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:59 am

Stone Cold wrote:I've been an Ooma user for just over a month. My number port completed two weeks ago. I just was telling my wife yesterday how happy I was with the service. Especially the voicemail and the call screening.

But then I get the dreaded e-mail this morning of changes!

The e-mail clearly states that as an existing Ooma core customer, I keep "voicemail". But I'm a little confused and disappointed by my inability to find the short answer to the following question:

Though I get to keep voicemail, what about the stuff listed as "enhanced voicemail" in the new Preimer description. Do I keep call screening? Do I keep voicemail to e-mail forwarding? Or does all that disappear with this change?
I haven't found this fact yet...bw1, could you please cite the source?
It looks like Enhanced voicemail is only listed as an option for the Classic Hub and Scout model.
https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates

Also, call screening and VM forwarding to email were always only part of Premeire - it was never a part of the core service.

Stone Cold

Post by Stone Cold » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 am

Also, call screening and VM forwarding to email were always only part of Premeire - it was never a part of the core service.
Ah... My mistake. I have always been a tad confused over what was what. I'm still on the free trial of Premeire...

darag2358

Post by darag2358 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:30 am

Still, this is unnerving as a new subscriber. The email states I'm grandfathered in on some of this, so I must have just made the cut? How long until the basic service is no longer free, or the basic service is stripped to near nothing? I also saw something about a "Regulatory Recovery Fee", but it also said that it doesn't apply to me. This goes against the advertisements I saw before I signed up about "no hidden fees or contracts".

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 am

What your package says is what you get... The new Telo's will go to the Basic Tier once the 60 day Premier Trail is over. Current Core systems (Hub and Scout Combo) still fall under the old TOS, even if they have not been purchased yet. My guess is there will be new packaging for the Hub and Scout setup that will also only offer the Basic Tier but at this point in time this is not the case (at least as far as I know).
Go AVS!