Ooma Telo

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
thively
Re: Ooma Telo

Post by thively » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am

http://twitter.com/richbuchanan
Says it's supposed to be available at Best Buy today.
I also got an email from signing up at https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-handset saying:

"Hi,
The Telo is available today at Best Buy and Amazon. We don’t have stock currently as all our product is flowing into the retail channel. We should be back in stock within 3 weeks.

Best regards,
Rich Buchanan
Chief Marketing Officer"

tbm_0929

Post by tbm_0929 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Be careful with your upgrades.
I purchased and registered the Ooma Hub yesterday Sept 30th. I contacted Ooma to discuss procurement of the Telo and transferring my phone number and setting information. Of course the information can be transferred but Ooma had no means of direct distribution, therefore I must return the Ooma Hub to Best Buy and purchase the Telo. Not a problem, I am well within the return policy time period for both Ooma and Best Buy. After returning the Ooma Hub and procuring the Telo, I contacted Ooma Customer Support, who opened a support request. The unfortunate reality is that now I can not use either. The Ooma Hub is on Best Buys shelves with my information associated. The Telo is un-configured, and unplugged on my desk waiting for an Ooma CSR to transfer the information in the next 24 to 48hrs. That’s what I get for being greedy.

~Tim

homli

Post by homli » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Anyone know if the Ooma Handset includes a headphone jack? Can anyone confirm Bluetooth was dropped from the feature list? I don't see answers to either on Ooma.com.

thively

Post by thively » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:46 pm

I also want to know about the headset jack. It's absolutely necessary for me.

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 pm

A headphone jack is not listed in the user documentation and does not seem to be in pictures of the handset. (Information gained from the FCC filings - I have yet to hold one in my hands.) Bummer. It seems like most DECT 6.0 phones include a speakerphone but not a headset jack. I almost always talk using my Plantronics headset portable. I guess I'll have to keep it in good working order.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

hashik2

Post by hashik2 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Can someone confirm that voicemail is not included with a Telo purchase? I was probably going to get the premier subscription anyways, but it would be nice to know...

just4fn

Post by just4fn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Voice mail like the hub is included with the Telo. There are additional options with Premier.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

Big Boy Laroux

Post by Big Boy Laroux » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Um, actually, i wouldn't be so sure on that.

Check out Bobby B's response here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3155&start=30#p23013

just4fn

Post by just4fn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:17 pm

I stand corrected. It does look like voicemail is included with premier only from what I've been reading.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

fudder

Post by fudder » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 pm

No voicemail without premier? No VOICEMAIL???

I'm glad you pointed that out, because I did not read that between the lines. How can they call out the benefits of Premier's "Enhanced Voicemail features" if there's no other option?

Wow, that sucks. I was all looking forward to running out to BestBuy tomorrow... but $120 for voicemail is a deal breaker.