Upgrade to Telo for Current Premier customers?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
darthsillious
Upgrade to Telo for Current Premier customers?

Post by darthsillious » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:59 pm

I tried to contact ooma sales regarding upgrade questions for a current customer to a Telo. I'm in sales myself, so the way I was thrown about to various support organizations who could not answer a question made me shake my head...outsourcing support to a location that cannot understand questions phrased in English...the bane of any organization...I miss Jim Miller who was competent in every way and could answer any question thrown his way, but "seems like" Ooma laid off competent US based support staff to outsource...oh well, its not like we can't tell on the phone.

Perhaps someone can read the forum and help answer these questions effectively, since sales or support have no answers over the phone:

What program is being put in place to cater to existing premier customers who wish to upgrade to a Telo? Do we have to front the entire cost of an entire new device-or is there a "trade-in"?
I've been looking to upgrade my home cordless phones-this looks like a nice option so what is the cost of handsets? I can't seem to find any info regarding voice quality on the handset on the forums.
When will handsets be available?
Will we receive some sort of "loyalty" credit which in essence allows for an exchange of our current hub/scout? Will they provide some sort of discount? Or do we send these out onto ebay and fend for ourselves?
The new TOS agreement which just arrived in my email is confusing, it says I'm grandfathered in for 99.95 for premier, but for how long? Do I get that rate if I upgrade? The support person told me I would have to pay the new 119.95 premier rate as a Telo customer, so in effect, my investment of 350.00 for a hub/scout and year of premier service counts for nothing.

Sales persons told me to call back in November when things like the handset and ideas if existing customers will get a discount are available...marketing people are ever so brilliant, thus their degrees. Put a new product out there to sell, but enable your sales force prior!!!

I've been good word of mouth to my friends who were looking to dump their telco, majicjack or vonage...I'd like to continue to provide that grassroots support, but someone at corporate needs to back folks like me up.

Thanks in advance!

wtnixon

Re: Upgrade to Telo for Current Premier customers?

Post by wtnixon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Ooma's got me straightened out. Thanks for helping me out.
Last edited by wtnixon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtnixon

Post by wtnixon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Dennis, you really need a raise. You helped me out so much!
Last edited by wtnixon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthsillious

Post by darthsillious » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm okay with paying a small fee like that...you can always sell the old hub/scout on ebay ;-)

terrio00

Post by terrio00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:00 pm

The problem here is that wtnixon was duped by an uninformed CS into activating his telo and that is why they are trying to charge the 60 transfer fee. People, DONT activate your telos if you are transferring your hub account, no matter what customer service tells you. This is to handled as an internal mac address transfer, not an activation.

darthsillious: I'm with you on the ebay thing, mine is already up there. BUT, I just had to revise my listing because of oomas chinese fire drill of a TOS rollout. If you sell your old ooma hub, it will cost the new owner 60 dollars to reactivate it in thier name. That will cut into your profit and if you don't disclose this fact, well, can you say negative feedback and credit card paypal funds reversal?

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 pm

You might check this but I think the new owner will need your security phrase for that device to re-activate in their name. So before you sell the hub you might want to change the security phrase to something that is easy and not personal to you.
Go AVS!

terrio00

Post by terrio00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Actually nobody known how the transfer will go, another of oomas great secrets. I know, I'll call customer suppo... oh wait scratch that, I'd get more info out of my magic 8 ball than ooma customer support. The most LOGICAL thing for ooma to do after your service is transferred is to deactivate the old hub so the new purchaser sets it up to their taste, not with your account still tied to it.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39 pm

wtnixon wrote: This is to inform you of the recent changes in our Terms and Conditions.
It appears you chose to transfer an existing ooma account to a newly activated Telo.
This process does carry a fee of $59.99 as displayed on our current rates page which can be viewed at the following link:
The customer service rep is wrong on this one. The $59 fee doesn't apply until the old Hub is re-activated. There is no charge for the account transfer. We will re-iterate the policy to our agents.