Problem deleting messages in trash can

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
md81e1
Problem deleting messages in trash can

Post by md81e1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

With the update to the website, I am not able to delete messages from the trash can.
I did not have a problem previously.

I have tried several ways to no avail:
- opened trash to view messages / selected all/ used the drop drop arrow and selected empty / message asks if I want to delete all/ Ok Nothing happens. Note: when messages in trash are shown/ selecting the drop down arrow, first shows a white box and with subsequent clicks "empty" may be displayed" but eventually the message will pop up. Doing the above with no messages selected does not work either.

- While in Inbox view /used the drop drop arrow and selected empty / message asks if I want to delete all messages in trash / Ok Nothing happens.

I have turned off my firewall, which I did not need to do before, but it makes no difference.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Problem deleting messages in trash can

Post by Dennis P » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 pm

This should be fixed this afternoon. Please try again tonight. Thanks.

md81e1

Post by md81e1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:19 am

The problem has been fixed. Thanks for your prompt attention and resolution.

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:55 am

I'm now experiencing the same issue. Tried both IE and Firefox, but still unable to delete messages in trash. Any ideas?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:25 am

There remains an issue where the messages still show up even though they are deleted. Try refreshing the folder or logging out and back in. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

md81e1

Post by md81e1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:31 am

Dennis is correct. The messages remained after clicking ok to the delete all messages.
However, if you go to the inbox and then back to trash, the messages were deleted.

I tested Mozilla so the browser is not the problem.

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:06 am

Still not able to delete messages from the trash. Doesn't matter which browser I use, or how many times I refresh/log out/etc. It doesn't matter if I "check mark" one message or all of them, I do not get a delete option. If I look at the individual drop down menu near the call duration there is no delete option either. Is this just a website bug, or is it specific to our account? If this feature never works, is there a time period in which messages are automatically deleted from the trash?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:03 am

feartheturtle wrote:Still not able to delete messages from the trash. Doesn't matter which browser I use, or how many times I refresh/log out/etc. It doesn't matter if I "check mark" one message or all of them, I do not get a delete option. If I look at the individual drop down menu near the call duration there is no delete option either. Is this just a website bug, or is it specific to our account? If this feature never works, is there a time period in which messages are automatically deleted from the trash?
You can't delete messages out of the trash per se, but you can empty the trash. This option is shown when you hover over the Trash folder in the left navigation. This works kind of the same way as the trash/recycle bin on the computer - you can't delete something that is already "deleted", you have to empty the trash/recycle bin.

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:36 am

Dennis:

I must be having problems understanding your last post. I've tried once more - and no matter where I 'hover" I can not get anything to show an "empty trash" option. Tried the main menu (when current inbox is displayed) and when in the trash folder itself. I've tried with both IE7 and Firefox 3.0.1.0

While viewing inbox and I hover over "Saved-mail" folder in the left navigation a pull down menu becomes available (two options, Delete & rename).

Is there some setting that I have set wrong?

md81e1

Post by md81e1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

Dear Feartheturtle:

In the chance that you may be missing a step in the process:

You are in the trash section and are viewing the messages you want to delete-

Within the boxes under Voicemail on the left side are:
Inbox
Trash
Add Folder

Here's what I hope is the problem:
If you put your cursor in the trash box section, look for a DROP DOWN ARROW(solid V) on the right side. It is in blue and somewhat masked by the blue color of the box.
Click on the arrow and a box should appear below saying "Empty". Click on empty and then the "message asking you to delete all" should appear". Select OK and you will see a message and graphic which says "loading".
Afterward, while the messages still show - if you click to your inbox and then back to trash, they should be gone.

It doesn't seem that you need to select any or all of the messages for all to be deleted.

If you click on the drop down in the trash section and don't see the"empty" box or after clicking "Empty" don't see the "delete message" do you have a firewall or pop-ups blocked? I have deleted messages using Mozilla and also have a firewall.

Good luck.