New Telo Power Plug very loose fitting

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jstock
Re: New Telo Power Plug very loose fitting

Post by jstock » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Yes it does go all the way in and when I picked it up to check it slipped out enough to lose power yet again. I've never seen any device do this. I'm not annoyed because I realize the Telo is a new product, but it is amusing to see how little it takes to cause it to slip out.
Ooma user since: October 2009
Hardware: Ooma Telo & two Telo Handsets
Annual Premier subscriber
Being free of monthly phone bills: Priceless

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Yes. The new power plugs fit much better than the first run. The replacement one you get will not sit flush with the Telo, but will be much more secure.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:18 pm

If you have a power adapter for your Ooma Telo that is loose and easily disconnected, please send an email to telo_power_adapter@ooma.com with the subject line "Loose Telo power adapter" and the following information:

Telo MAC address:
Telo activation code:
Where you bought your Telo:
Your name:
Your email address (for shipping notification):
Your shipping address:
Any special shipping instructions (please keep it simple):

We'll have a replacement power adapter shipped out next business day. The shipment will include a prepaid return shipping label. Please send the old power adapter back to us for analysis.

If you have already contacted me directly, I've arranged for your replacement, so there is no need to submit your request again.

Please do not use the above email address for any other problems or inquiries about your Telo as this goes directly to our logistics folks who won't be able to help you.

metaltrader

Post by metaltrader » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 am

I purchase the Telco unit yesterday... had to put tape on the power plug to prevent it from falling out..

What can I do?

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:26 am

Welcome to Ooma. See the post right above yours. They will send you a replacement cable.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

tjchrist

Post by tjchrist » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Glad I came across this thread as the same thing happened to me when I was setting up my new Telo last Friday. Mine looks just like the one in the photo in this thread. Sending in a request now...

nrs

Post by nrs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:34 am

Mine sits flush.
Attachments
IMG_2252-2.gif
IMG_2252-2.gif (66.02KiB)Viewed 5840 times
Customer since March 2009
Hub/Scout
Telo/2 Handsets
2 Lynxes

Lifetime Premier Member

debonas

Post by debonas » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Is the power supply compatible with international ratings or just 110V ?
Thanks,
Debonas

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm

debonas wrote:Is the power supply compatible with international ratings or just 110V ?
My Telo power supply says 100-240V for input voltage.

nattseng

Post by nattseng » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Just received my telo today and expericing this loose fitting power plug symptom. Sharing my findings here in hope of making telo a better product.

My power plug has a 6 mm tip, flush with power socket and face plate when fully inserted. The power socket and all other connectors moved inward about 1.5 mm when I inserted the RJ-45 cable, resulted the loose fitting power plug condition.

I pulled the connected RJ-45 cable to bring the power socket back out so it flush with the face plate again, and then noticed the 1.5 mm gap between the power plug and the power socket.

A longer power plug - 9 mm would be a workaround. But I think the fixing the loose connectors would be the real solution.

Hope it helps.
Thanks.