Porting Sequence and Reassurance?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
hwgang
Porting Sequence and Reassurance?

Post by hwgang » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am

OK, so I've faxed in my LOAs and copies of my bill. But faxes have been known to fail. At what point should I look for reassurance that Ooma has received them and that I've taken a number in the deli-counter of life for the porting. I don't want to pester. I'm not impatient. I just want to KNOW that I'm in the queue and not lose precious time. I'm really anxious to 86 my phone bill.

Thanks.

murphy

Re: Porting Sequence and Reassurance?

Post by murphy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 am

The FAQ says they will acknowledge receipt of the LOA within two business days. Unfortunately it appears that the LOA people have never read the FAQ. I'm at three business days and counting.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ideallife2day

Re: Porting Sequence and Reassurance?

Post by ideallife2day » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:44 am

When I emailed back my LOA and copy of phone bill, it was on a monday evening (1/12). On the friday of that same week (1/16), I received my acknowledgment of receipt of the info I submitted. So for me, it took them 4 business days...no big deal.

After that I waited and waited for the email to tell me when to expect my port completion. Earlier in the day (2/6), I finally received that email telling me that my porting is expected to complete on 2/10! From other's comments here, it seems that it does take a full 3 weeks to complete the port, things take time, no big deal. I've been anticipating it and have rewired my setup so the switch will be seamless.

I can't wait til I can stop paying verizon the $50 a month! Actually, since I got ooma on 1/7, I cut back on my verizon bill to just message rate at 65 outgoing calls per month allowance with caller id and my bill was still around $30 bucks (a lot of prorating for mid month switching). Half of that was for all the fees they charge on landlines, it's ridiculous!

Be patient and you will get your email acknowledgment too :) I think our society is so used to the "instant gratification" that we get easily annoyed when things take just a bit longer.