Scout Assigned As Personal Not Working

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
circlef
Re: Scout Assigned As Personal Not Working

Post by circlef » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 am

Daniel,

Just got an email back from support. It says to please call customer support and they'll see if they can fix it. :cry: Not holding my breath.

Thanks for the tip about the serial number, didn't check that but I'll check it out and see if we have that in common.

While this is quite a pain, I'm still enjoying my $ savings from AT&T, so we'll wait and see.

Alan
Member since January 2009 - Yep!
Premier Member - Yep! - Core and Scout =2 - Yep!
Saving Money - Yep! a lot - Love Ooma - You Bet!

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Working with one of the users here on the forums, we've uncovered an issue tonight when users try to change their passwords on a private account. If you attempt to do so, the password change will fail AND it could wipe out the Scout ID in the setup of the personal device. I suspect a lot of you may have hit this case because of the recent wave of logins problems with My Ooma and folks resetting their password and then changing it back to what they want it to be. If you go into the device details page and you see a Scout with no ID, you've probably run into this issue. Email me the following information and I'll try to get you back up as soon as I can:

Main Ooma phone number
Hub MAC address
Private account name and number
Scout serial number

circlef

Post by circlef » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:26 pm

For those of you having this problem, I sent Dennis the information he requested and my problem is now solved. Each number now rings on the correct phone. :D

Customer service at it's best. Especially when you notice the time stamp on Dennis' post. :o

Long Live Ooma and Dennis!

Alan
Dennis P wrote:Working with one of the users here on the forums, we've uncovered an issue tonight when users try to change their passwords on a private account. If you attempt to do so, the password change will fail AND it could wipe out the Scout ID in the setup of the personal device. I suspect a lot of you may have hit this case because of the recent wave of logins problems with My Ooma and folks resetting their password and then changing it back to what they want it to be. If you go into the device details page and you see a Scout with no ID, you've probably run into this issue. Email me the following information and I'll try to get you back up as soon as I can:

Main Ooma phone number
Hub MAC address
Scout serial number

dkm

Post by dkm » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes, Dennis has solved the same issue for me as well. Now he's trying to figure out why my scout is not indicating new voice mail messages, I'm hopeful he'll figure that one out as well!

-daniel-

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 am

Well in my case I did receive a email from support concerning this problem that a lot of us are having and it is as follows

Thank you for contacting ooma Customer Support.

I have noticed that the Scout does not have a Device ID listed. This is how our servers communicate with the Scout individually. Please go online at my.ooma.com and install the last 5 characters from your Serial Number on the back of Scout. This should fix this issue.

Well I tried to do this and could not find where to put the last 5 characters from the Serial Number in so what I did was move the numbers I have in the scout to the hub and delete the scout out of my ooma. Then I added a device and put the scout back in. Now here is the problem I have after doing this It is showing more then one device in there and will not let me delete them out I have a total of 3 scouts in there now and there should only be one things are getting more messed up. Any advice would be nice. Thank you in advance

circlef

Post by circlef » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:02 am

t4feb,

Email Dennis P by clicking on the envelope in the right hand panel in his post and give him the information he needs and I'm sure he'll get it fixed for you.

Alan

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:32 am

circlef wrote:t4feb,

Email Dennis P by clicking on the envelope in the right hand panel in his post and give him the information he needs and I'm sure he'll get it fixed for you.

Alan
Thank Alan I shoot him an email as soon as I get the mac address. I assume I have to get it from the setup page is that right?
Thanks Again
Terry

circlef

Post by circlef » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:10 pm

t4feb,

The Mac address is on the bottom of the Hub and the Scout serial number is on the bottom of the Scout.

Alan

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 pm

circlef wrote:t4feb,

The Mac address is on the bottom of the Hub and the Scout serial number is on the bottom of the Scout.

Alan
Thanks Alan I found it and send email to Dennis
Thanks Again
Terry

jmassimilla

Post by jmassimilla » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Dennis P wrote:Working with one of the users here on the forums, we've uncovered an issue tonight when users try to change their passwords on a private account. If you attempt to do so, the password change will fail AND it could wipe out the Scout ID in the setup of the personal device. I suspect a lot of you may have hit this case because of the recent wave of logins problems with My Ooma and folks resetting their password and then changing it back to what they want it to be. If you go into the device details page and you see a Scout with no ID, you've probably run into this issue. Email me the following information and I'll try to get you back up as soon as I can:

Main Ooma phone number
Hub MAC address
Scout serial number

I just had this happen to me after attempting to change the ring count to voicemail for my scout number. I never had a problem with the passwords nor did I tried to change them. I just emailed the info to Dennis.