Problems calling VT (area code 802)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
foxkid
Problems calling VT (area code 802)

Post by foxkid » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Tonight, I called two numbers in Vermont (area code 802). From my end, it sounded as if NOTHING happened. No ring side tone, no answer, no voice.

I called from my Verizon land line (which had not yet been disconnected) and found that the phone was ringing, it was answered, and they didn't hear anything from my end.

I tried OOMA to call my Verizon line, and the connection worked correctly.

Is there/was there an outage to Vermont tonight about 9 PM?

-- Carl

Brooklyner

Re: Problems calling VT (area code 802)

Post by Brooklyner » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:15 pm

I was just about to post the same problem, except this ALWAYS happens when I call Vermont! :x

I've had Ooma for a few months now and have been mostly happy with it, but for some unknown reason when I call my friends in VT (802 area code) I get nothing but silence on my end. There's no tone, no clicks, ... nothing at all! Dialing the number again makes no difference. This has been going on ever since I got Ooma, though the phone seems to work fine with all the other numbers I call. I eventually figured out that my friends in VT would hear the phone ringing (even though I heard total silence) and pick it up to also hear silence. Pretty annoying...

Does anyone know if this is a problem in VT in particular or some sort of Ooma issue?

IamDisaster

Post by IamDisaster » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

I have a similar problem with a phone number in the 610-582-xxxx area code (Douglassville, PA.) I never hear a ring tone. I have a workaround...ugly though it may be. I use Google Voice to call the number. It rings my Ooma phone then connects me just fine. Where do we report such problems to Ooma?

foxkid

Post by foxkid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:11 am

Since the time I reported here, I have successfully called Vermont several times.

For my purposes, it seems to have been a transient problem.

foxkid

Post by foxkid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:49 pm

As of November 2, 2009,~7:30PM EDT, the problem calling Vermont has returned.

I've filed a problem report with OOMA. I hope they can get to the root cause and fix their Vermont connectivity.

The problem affects land lines and cell phones. The numbers are (802) 875-xxxx and (802) 380-xxxx.

-- Carl

foxkid

Post by foxkid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 pm

More info: the problem was bi-directional. When I called VT, it rang, my caller ID appeared, but they could not hear me and I could not hear anyone there. After about 30 seconds I got the ooma dialtone.

When VT called me, there was no ring sidetone. My ooma phone did not ring.

-- Carl

Brooklyner

Post by Brooklyner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 pm

I still have no luck calling Vermont at all. I've tried numerous times. day and night, and the same thing happens - I don't hear anything on my end but the phone rings on their end. Sometimes if they call me the connection will work, but it NEVER works for me to call them. There must be something very messed up with the Ooma termination system in VT, it's the only explanation I can come up with. :(

Dante R

Post by Dante R » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Currently investigating this issue.

*edit*

If you guys can, please email me with more numbers that you have issues calling in 802 area.

*edit*

Nevermind, 802 should be fixed now. Please attempt some test calls to this area and post back if your calls are still failing.

Brooklyner

Post by Brooklyner » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 am

Nope, still not fixed for me. I'm calling in the (802) 434-XXXX area. I get nothing but silence on my end! :cry:

Please let me know how this can be fixed. Thanks!

Dante R

Post by Dante R » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Please email me with Timestamp, date and the exact number you dialed and I can look into it.