Ooma Telo

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
tao
Re: Ooma Telo

Post by tao » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 am

just4fn wrote:I stand corrected. It does look like voicemail is included with premier only from what I've been reading.
only for new members starting 10/1/09
it stays for members activated before that!

Lola

Post by Lola » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:25 am

The way I understand it this doesnt apply to us if we upgrade cause we are "current customers" and our accounts would just be transferred to the new item. So I might still upgrade.

chuckda4th

Post by chuckda4th » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:37 am

Lola wrote:The way I understand it this doesnt apply to us if we upgrade cause we are "current customers" and our accounts would just be transferred to the new item. So I might still upgrade.
Doesn't apply to us, however Ooma's "feature pages" on the 2 products, or the features page of "Premier" never states anything that the non-premier members don't get voicemail. If I were a new customer today and found that out the hard way, I'd be EXTREMELY unhappy, as no voicemail is a dealbreaker.

MarkSly

Post by MarkSly » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:24 am

fudder wrote:No voicemail without premier? No VOICEMAIL???

I'm glad you pointed that out, because I did not read that between the lines. How can they call out the benefits of Premier's "Enhanced Voicemail features" if there's no other option?

Wow, that sucks. I was all looking forward to running out to BestBuy tomorrow... but $120 for voicemail is a deal breaker.

This page suggests that you can purchase voicemail "ala carte" for $4.99 a month.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates

I'm torn between buying the Telo or getting the older hub and scout to get the free voicemail.

The new Telo is supposed to be able to handle inbound DTMF (or it will soon), so I figure I'll go with the Telo and switch to a POTS answering machine (which seems so "low tech" nowadays) if I don't like Premier.

I may get premier for one year so I can get my number ported, then the voicemail will be less expensive. Certainly makes sense to do a year of premier if you want voicemail at $4.99/mo and get a number ported.

-MarkSly

keckey

Post by keckey » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:00 am

If I plug my standard telephone into the Ooma Telo, can it be on the same line ( line 1 ) as the Ooma Telo Handset? This would allow me to use my headset. Thanks.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 am

Yes- you can answer line 1 on the Telo handset - which is the same line that is plugged into the Telo base.