$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ram104
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by ram104 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 am

After reading all the posts I have a couple of questions. I am currently a ooma basic customer. Now if I stay that way will I still get all the features I currently get such as basic vm, name caller id, call waiting, and free customer support or do I loose a few of these features. Also If I decided to keep my hub with the current service I have and keep the Telo running with basic phone service using the number that was given to me durning the beta testing is that fine or is there fees to do this.
I just want to continue to get free phone service with the current services I have on the hub.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:47 am

ram102 wrote:After reading all the posts I have a couple of questions. I am currently a ooma basic customer. Now if I stay that way will I still get all the features I currently get such as basic vm, name caller id, call waiting, and free customer support or do I loose a few of these features. Also If I decided to keep my hub with the current service I have and keep the Telo running with basic phone service using the number that was given to me durning the beta testing is that fine or is there fees to do this.
I just want to continue to get free phone service with the current services I have on the hub.
According to the blog and posts from either Bobby or Dennis, no problem with your existing hub/scout. Everything stays the same. Also the Telo beta units were in service before the changes in TOS so they fall under the old agreement for voicemail and caller ID/Name. I'm not sure about the phone support but I've found for 99% of issues, this forum beats the CS anyways.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Bill11

Post by Bill11 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Dennis P wrote:
whn wrote: What is the lifetime costs?

Thanks
Lifetime Premier is currently $350.
I'd like to sign up for this, and I also need to port my current landline number. Will the free port apply, as it would if I purchased one year of Ooma Premier?

Do I need to call Customer Service to do this, or will the option to purchase Ooma Premier Lifetime be added to the My Ooma Add-Ons page?

Thanks,

Bill11

ram104

Post by ram104 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks southsound. Just needed clarification.

maryhampton5

Post by maryhampton5 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:49 pm

For those of us who have the Hub are we able to upgrade to Telo at a discount? I have only had my hub for a few months so would be nice.

Also, on the premier it states a year subscription includes a free number port. Will this be honored if the number has already been ported prior to the purchase of the annual subscription to premier or outta luck on that one?

allo

Post by allo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 am

maryhampton5 wrote:For those of us who have the Hub are we able to upgrade to Telo at a discount? I have only had my hub for a few months so would be nice.

Also, on the premier it states a year subscription includes a free number port. Will this be honored if the number has already been ported prior to the purchase of the annual subscription to premier or outta luck on that one?
It was done before: Number transferred with $39 payment, then Premier bought and earlier payment credited back to CC. You will have to call and talk to CS about it!

CaptainKen

Post by CaptainKen » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:35 pm

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a lifetime premier for $350. Just last month I paid $99 for one year and would of bought the lifetime if I know about it. Can Ooma come up with a page were we can see all there rates and options, I think I would help us all out. How about I pay an additional $251 to the $99 I just paid and get the lifetime premier?

ooma-fan

Post by ooma-fan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:20 pm

same here, not aware of lifetime option, it'd be great if can pro rate the unused portion of Premier...
Lifetime Premier Member

funone46

Post by funone46 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm

How does one go about extending premier. Do I have to call customer service?
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

funone46 wrote:How does one go about extending premier. Do I have to call customer service?
Here is what I was told (and successfully executed against):

(1) Have a credit card on file in My Ooma...
(2) Call customer service and select the sales option (I didn't choose tech support...not sure if it would have mattered or not)
(3) Tell them you want to purchase the Lifetime Premier (I think they also call it a "buy out" or something like that).
(4) Wait for them to confirm that it got processed through the system
(5) Before hanging up...log into My Ooma and go to your account status... It should say "Premier, Lifetime Subscription"

Worked like a charm for me... :)
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)