Voice mail or busy signal

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
drmlmeier
Voice mail or busy signal

Post by drmlmeier » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:20 pm

I have not completely taken the plunge yet. I've been looking through the forums and "playing" around with ooma and a temporary new number. I feel that the response to what I hope is my final question will determine whether I go ahead with the porting process.

My plan is to have 2 numbers. One has typically been reserved for faxes. I will plug my fax machine into the Hub. I will have 2 other phones, each plugged in to it's own Scout. If I am on one phone and recieving a fax at the same time or both phones are being used at the same time and someone calls one of my 2 numbers will they go to voicemail or will they get a busy signal?

If they go to voicemail I'll be happy with that.
If they get a busy signal, is there a way to reduce that posibility, such as having a third phone number?

Thanks

drmlmeier

av8rdude

Re: Voice mail or busy signal

Post by av8rdude » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:31 pm

They will go directly to voicemail.

When you are using both lines you are basically using your "call waiting" line. So the third call will not show up as call waiting or anything. But it will go to voicemail.

If you are using both lines an incoming fax would be out of luck. You should sign up for the free k7.net fax service. Then faxes never get a busy signal and show up in your voicemail.

Cheers,
Scott

drmlmeier

Re: Voice mail or busy signal

Post by drmlmeier » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for the reply Scott. Just what I wanted to hear. I started the porting process yesterday.

Mike