calling out during porting

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bubbachat
calling out during porting

Post by bubbachat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:23 am

My porting request is supposed to complete tomorrow, and I can receive calls on my phone. When I dial out, I get the ooma tune, dial tones and then a long silence, then it rings busy- even on lines I know are not busy. I checked to see if I still had A T & T and I get no tone on my line there.
Do I need to do anything to get it to work? Will it be ok tomorrow?

Just discovered that I can call long distance- it is just the local calls that are problems.

scots

Re: calling out during porting

Post by scots » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:42 am

If you haven't already done so, disconnect the power to your ooma Hub for about 30 seconds and then reconnect the power.

bubbachat

Post by bubbachat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and still cannot make local calls without getting the busy signal.

scots

Post by scots » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:51 am

Just curious, have you tried calling 1+area code+phone number, even though it's a local call? If that works, at least you'll be able to place calls until you get a response from ooma.

bubbachat

Post by bubbachat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanks again, Scots, but no success with this technique as well.

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:30 am

Are you still experiencing issues dialing? It looks like your system was configured to work with your landline prior to today. ooma will use your existing phone service to place outbound local phone calls when in this mode. When your AT&T phone service cut out, it must have caused the dialing failures to occur.

Right now, your system is configured to work without a landline, so you shouldn't have any issues placing outbound phone calls as all of these will go out the ooma network.