Blue Light Flashing - I'm Missing Something...

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
wahmie
Blue Light Flashing - I'm Missing Something...

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:32 pm

I just installed ooma a couple of hours ago. I think I'm missing something.

The blue logo is still flashing. I used the option 2b set-up first and let ooma run for about 45 minutes before switching to option 2a. I didn't realize I should wait for blue light to stop blinking.

I have internet access and everything set-up in my.ooma.com.
I have a dial tone, but I don't get an ooma dial tone when I pick-up the phone.
I do notice Line 1 lights up when I pick-up the phone. But I voice mail prompts don't kick-in when I press the play > key.
I still have my land line active and am waiting for port.
The internet and home network lights are steady yellow, green blinks every now and then.

What am I missing? Should I switch back to the option 2b set-up and wait for the steady blue light?

bw1

Re: Blue Light Flashing - I'm Missing Something...

Post by bw1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 pm

If you have your landline integrated, then maybe that's why you don't hear the Ooma dialtone.
Did you select a new Ooma supplied number or did you select to use your existing landline number when you activated the Telo?

I think the flashing blue logo means that it's updating the software. You may have interrupted it when you switched configurations.

If it's still flashing tomorrow morning, unplug the Telo for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

You can also check the status here: http://setup.ooma.com
You have to have your PC or router connected to the Home Network port on the back of the Telo to access that page.

To setup voicemail, pick up your phone connected to the Telo and press the play (>) button.

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:22 am

Blue logo was still flashing when I woke up.

I unplugged Telo for 30 sec's or more and plugged it back up. Blue light still flashed quite a while.

setup status check read:
Internet - connected
ooma core - detecting
phone line - connected
ooma services
Phone setup - we are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network.
Second line - enabled
voicemail - enabled

I decided to go back to the beginning, disconnect everything and set-up with ooma behind modem/router. I've waited about 2 hours now and ooma logo is still flashing blue. It thought this would take only 20 minutes or so.
the current status says:

Internet connected
ooma core - detecting
phone line - no phone line detected (i think I'm supposed to hold off on connecting the phone line until after the software downloads and I after I change the settings back to between modem and router).
second line - endabled
voicemail - enabled

What should I do now?

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:40 am

I decided to unplug telo for 30 sec's; plugged it back-up and waited....
Still blue light flashing.

Help! I've got to get my router connected to get my other pc's online.

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:19 am

I had to disconnect telo to get my other pc's running. I'll come back to this in a couple of weeks when my phone number is close to being ported as in the meantime, even if I were with telo, I'd still be using my active land line with unlimited minutes until I can fully shut it down.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:07 am

Connect the Telo's "To Internet" port to a LAN port on your router.
Don't try to use it for at least an hour. It has a couple of software updates to install.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:04 pm

murphy wrote:Connect the Telo's "To Internet" port to a LAN port on your router.
Don't try to use it for at least an hour. It has a couple of software updates to install.
I did this today Internet/Lan port. It's been running for almost 12 hours and the blue light is still flashing. I just unplugged it again and plugged it back and away she goes - blue light still flashing.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:16 pm

wahmie wrote:
murphy wrote:Connect the Telo's "To Internet" port to a LAN port on your router.
I did this today Internet/Lan port. It's been running for almost 12 hours and the blue light is still flashing. I just unplugged it again and plugged it back and away she goes - blue light still flashing.
Try the factory reset and then give it another hour.
ntoy wrote:Telo Factory Reset procedure

-Unplug unit from power for 30 seconds
-After 30 seconds connect power to Telo
-When the red ooma logo starts flashing press STOP(square) and TRASH at the same time (the logo should flash blue/red)
-hold the keys until the ooma logo turns solid red
-the box should then factory reset and reboot

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Groundhound wrote: Try the factory reset and then give it another hour.
ntoy wrote:Telo Factory Reset procedure

-Unplug unit from power for 30 seconds
-After 30 seconds connect power to Telo
-When the red ooma logo starts flashing press STOP(square) and TRASH at the same time (the logo should flash blue/red)
-hold the keys until the ooma logo turns solid red
-the box should then factory reset and reboot
I just tried it... Oddly enough, I've never ever seen the red logo. So when the blue light started flashing I gave it a shot - press STOP and TRASH at shame time. The logo did flash blue/red). I held the keys until logo turned solid blue.

It did reboot, but now its blue logo flashing again. Still - give it another hour? Or is this an indication there's something wrong with the unit, since I've never seen the red logo in the boot process.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Blue blinking light means there is no connection to the network.
Connect a pc or laptop to the HOME/NETWORK connection on the Telo. Reboot the pc/laptop to obtain an ip from the Telo.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com
Go to the STATUS page. Does it show an ip here: MODEM: Connected (or not connected) (ip address)
If you don't see an ip address your router is not giving the Telo an ip address to connect.

Wayne