Walll Jack

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
poorkid
Walll Jack

Post by poorkid » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi everyone,
I just got my OOMA Telo about a week ago. The thing work great, customer services were very disappointed to say the least. After I disconnected the telephone wire from the phone company connected to my house, and connected the wall output to my wall jack, there is no dail tone on any telephones in my house. However, when I switch the to the PHONE output on the telo, there is dail tone on every telephones in my house. To make the story short, There is no signal coming from the WALL output on the OOMA telo. I called CS numerous times, they weren't able to help me fix the problem at all. Is anybody out there experience the same problem? How do you fix it?

Thank you for reading my post

southsound

Re: Walll Jack

Post by southsound » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

It is really not a problem - the "wall" jack on the Telo is only used if you are integrating a landline with your system. It has no other purpose, so it is acting just as it should in your situation. The "phone" jack is how you will power one or many telephones from the Telo. If you wish, you can connect it to your existing home wiring and power up all the phones in the house. Note that it is recommended to disconnect your home wiring from the telco at the network interface box on the outside of your house - this prevents backfeeding and stray signals entering your phone system.

And lest we forget, welcome to ooma and to the forums - you're going to like it here! :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

markyb

Post by markyb » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:21 am

Is it advisable to attach the jacks from the house wiring to the "wall" jack of the hub? I'm using a phone located right next to the hub, plugged into the "phone" port, and I'd like to feed the other jacks in the house off of the Ooma. Before I do this I will disconnect a line from my cable modem(Comcast digital voice) to my wall jacks....

jmassimilla

Post by jmassimilla » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:39 pm

markyb wrote:Is it advisable to attach the jacks from the house wiring to the "wall" jack of the hub? I'm using a phone located right next to the hub, plugged into the "phone" port, and I'd like to feed the other jacks in the house off of the Ooma. Before I do this I will disconnect a line from my cable modem(Comcast digital voice) to my wall jacks....
You must use the "phone" port to supply dial tone to individual phones or to other phones in your house. If you have a phone plugged into the "phone" port already, You can remove it and plug in a splitter, plug the phone into one port on the splitter and plug the other splitter port into an existing jack. That way you'll not only supply the phone but all of the jacks in your house.
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

markyb

Post by markyb » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:44 pm

thanks j, that'll work for me...