Resolved: Frustrating - from sort of working to not

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
skicarib
Re: Frustrating - from sort of working to not

Post by skicarib » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:45 pm

I believe that I've set this up now - it is enabled by going to the router's (apple timecap's) Internet tab, then to NAT and selecting Enable default host at: (ip address filled in). The router reset and updated, looks fine. No change on Telo, so I power cycled it, back to solid blue across bottom. The green light on back of router next to Telo connection is solid, and the green light next to Home Network port on Telo is flashing green. Any ideas of what to do next?

skicarib

Post by skicarib » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:18 pm

correction, meant To Network, not Home Network, where connection on Telo is flashing green...

skicarib

Post by skicarib » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 pm

I think I am giving up on this Telo unit. I have tried all of the suggestions and more today, no change - constant blue lights across bottom, no dial tone, can't factory reset the unit any longer. Does Ooma moderator (Dennis, I have seen your name) suggest that I send this back to Ooma or Best Buy for exchange or refund?

skicarib

Post by skicarib » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:02 am

plan to try and return/exchange if possible at BB today - WayneDsr (you have been nice help on this) or any Ooma reps - any other input or ideas? I left it on all night, still silently remained in same, blue light across bottom mode with no change...

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:09 am

Sorry, been a busy couple of days for me. I haven't had much time for the forum.
If you can take the unit back to Best Buy, or where ever you bought it, I would.
Then call customer service and see if they can just change mac addresses for you so you don't have to re-register the new one and the old one is out of your name.

Let us know when you get it!

Wayne

skicarib

Post by skicarib » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:19 am

many thx, Wayne - seems like most sane approach. i do want to get this working and want to believe in it going fwd - i also realized that trying to troubleshoot via their call center would be a waste of time from what i have read, so i appreciate the support here. will let you know when i have a new unit on-line. hopefully i also understand enough now to start off from a better framework. do you recommend just booting up the new unit behind the routher (to get downloads) and then just keeping it there (and I guess deal w QoS for call clarity if needed)? want to de-mystify process if possible, versus their instruction guides. thx

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:33 am

Sorry if this was already addressed and I missed it, but when you moved the Telo behind your router did you change the "Network Connection" back to "Dynamic (DHCP)" in setup?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 am

I think I told him to set it back to AUTOMATIC.

Wayne

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 am

Yes, behind the router, at least for the updates.

Wayne

skicarib

Post by skicarib » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:59 am

yes, was to set back to Automatic, not DHCP