Ooma's international rates are confusing.

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
iLikeMyOoma
Ooma's international rates are confusing.

Post by iLikeMyOoma » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:55 pm

I make calls to Jamaica and the highest rates that is posted on Ooma for a (876) call is $ 0.312. However, when I check my Prepaid Account section, it tells me the call was worth 35.2¢. Does Ooma give me the latest international rates, or is it that the rates displayed are outdated?

The outgoing international calls I make list the rates as $0.312, but when I logged into Ooma and check my Prepaid Account section, under the rates section, it would say the call was worth 35.2¢. Is this accurate, or a website error (regarding the placing of the decimal)?

daet

Re: Ooma's international rates are confusing.

Post by daet » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm

iLikeMyOoma wrote:The outgoing international calls I make list the rates as $0.312, but when I logged into Ooma and check my Prepaid Account section, under the rates section, it would say the call was worth 35.2¢. Is this accurate, or a website error (regarding the placing of the decimal)?
$0.312 = 31.2 cents (a per minute tariff). So for a charge of 35.2 cents, you must have made a call for slightly over a minute.

DG
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:26 pm

daet wrote:
iLikeMyOoma wrote:The outgoing international calls I make list the rates as $0.312, but when I logged into Ooma and check my Prepaid Account section, under the rates section, it would say the call was worth 35.2¢. Is this accurate, or a website error (regarding the placing of the decimal)?
$0.312 = 31.2 cents (a per minute tariff). So for a charge of 35.2 cents, you must have made a call for slightly over a minute.

DG
From the international rates page:
Lowest advertised rate per country. Rates subject to change without notice. Calls are charged at a per minute rate and rounded up to the minute. Listed international calling rates do not include a mandated Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee.

allo

Post by allo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 pm

The rates listed do not include the taxes!
At $0.35 a minute, I would get another Ooma hub and send it over there... that way you can talk all you want for free!