My OOMA DOA??

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kenricko
My OOMA DOA??

Post by kenricko » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:01 am

New guy here. I installed my ooma last night as per instructions in the manual and I am not seeing the constant blue or red light that everyone here is talking about, plus I am not getting the Ooma dial tone. When power is hooked up, it flashes the lights in the beginning and then nothing.

I tried different configurations: 1. modem -> hub -> router, 2. modem -> router -> hub.

I can get to the internet just fine with both scenarios. I can also get to setup.ooma.com.

From setup.ooma.com, it says the following:
Intenet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

I signed up for the temporary number while porting, but have not done the process to port the number. I wanted to make sure I can make and receive calls first before doing so.

If anyone can help me, it would be great.

Note: I have done the hard reset (holding down the ooma tab for 30 secs) and also its been a couple of 5 hours since installation.

dknyinva

Re: My OOMA DOA??

Post by dknyinva » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:12 am

kenricko wrote:New guy here. I installed my ooma last night as per instructions in the manual and I am not seeing the constant blue or red light that everyone here is talking about, plus I am not getting the Ooma dial tone. When power is hooked up, it flashes the lights in the beginning and then nothing.

I tried different configurations: 1. modem -> hub -> router, 2. modem -> router -> hub.

I can get to the internet just fine with both scenarios. I can also get to setup.ooma.com.

From setup.ooma.com, it says the following:
Intenet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

I signed up for the temporary number while porting, but have not done the process to port the number. I wanted to make sure I can make and receive calls first before doing so.

If anyone can help me, it would be great.

Note: I have done the hard reset (holding down the ooma tab for 30 secs) and also its been a couple of 5 hours since installation.
Maybe this is why? Phone Line: Disconnected

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:13 am

Check the dimmer wheel on the right side to see how your Ooma tab is lit (red or blue).

How is your phone connected to your hub?

kenricko

Post by kenricko » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:20 am

I set the dimmer switch to the lightest or even the other direction. The ooma tab still doesn't glow. When I press it, its red tho.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 am

kenricko wrote:I set the dimmer switch to the lightest or even the other direction. The ooma tab still doesn't glow. When I press it, its red tho.
When you press the tab, do any of the other buttons light up?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 am

Make sure you are turning the FADER control on the RIGHT side of the hub and not the volume on the left.

Also make sure you're plugging your phone into the PHONE port of the hub and not the WALL.

By the setup menu, everything should be working.

Did you register your ooma hub to be used WITH your landline? (integrated)? If so, you need your landline connected to the WALL port of the hub via a phone wire to the wall jack on your house. (I don't think you did this since you have a temp number from ooma, but I had to mention it)

Wayne

EDIT: Can you call your ooma number?

kenricko

Post by kenricko » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:29 am

Groundhound wrote:
kenricko wrote:I set the dimmer switch to the lightest or even the other direction. The ooma tab still doesn't glow. When I press it, its red tho.
When you press the tab, do any of the other buttons light up?
Nope. Only if I hold it down, then it will cycle through the buttons.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:33 am

Try the reset procedure here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2599#p2599

Edit: Corrected for bad link.
Last edited by Groundhound on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenricko

Post by kenricko » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:20 am

Groundhound wrote:Try the reset procedure here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30711#p30711
It says I am not authorized to see that forum. Am I missing something?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:22 am

Hub factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.