Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
tex50
Voicemail

Post by tex50 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am

I just installed Ooma core. No scout. It is still connected to land line and telo until porting is done. I guess I have the premiere service for free for 60 days right now and my Ooma answering device is currently working. I don't want premiere and intend to cancel. Will I still get the Voicemail or some sort of answering device feature free? If not can I use the answering device that is integrated with my handset just as before Ooma? Thanks.

just4fn

Re: Voicemail

Post by just4fn » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:21 am

Yes, voice mail will continue to come with core service. No, Message screening will not work with core. Yes, you can use your answer machine with the core service. No, you can't get message's remotely with your answer machine. The hub does not support DTMF tones.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

lewistj@verizon.net

Post by lewistj@verizon.net » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:47 am

I saw on the list of charges that voice mail is 4.99 a month. That was under the Costco purchased hub. However, the last entry stated no charges for voice mail. Does that mean when one only purchases the hub because down below on the list of rates, enhanced voice mail is 4.99 that is under the hub with scout. Now on Costco.com you get the scout as a bonus when purchasing the hub online. Elsewhere I have read that you cannot use an answering machine. Also on Costco.com it says that to use the caller ID you will need that option supplied by a local phone company?

Thank you,...

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tony » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Yes, there is a small mistake that will be fixed. We meant "Enhanced voicemail" for $4.99/month or $49.99/year.

"Voicemail" is always available to all ooma products including "Ooma Telo and Costco Warehouse store (Ooma Hub only)" without any fee.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:02 pm

So there is no misunderstanding, what is "enhanced voice," theindigen?

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tony » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Dear Lee,

"Enhanced voicemail" is a subset of Premier features as listed here:
https://www.ooma.com/premier/features

"Voicemail" allows your callers to leave messages, for you to check/listen to your voice messages from the Hub, Scouts, any attached phone, the Telo or attached phone, Telo Handsets, any outside phones, check online at my.ooma.com and get email notification on new voice messages (no audio file attachment).

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks