Caller ID on incoming calls

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Lee
Caller ID on incoming calls

Post by Lee » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:26 pm

I mentioned in a post right after setting the Telo up that everything worked except the incoming CID. That is still the case four days later except for one call. I was not home to get it, and they did not leave a msg, but the CID worked on the phone and in my call logs. Any idea why this one call got through the ID system? If so, is there anything I can do to make all of them register? There have been five calls since the one that worked and I'm back to "unknown."

Thanks

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Re: Caller ID on incoming calls

Post by Tony » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Lee, make sure you have subscribed to caller-id service on your landline. That said, if you do actually have caller-id on your landline, there are a few instances where it does not work. How far is your place from the central office and who is your landline phone company ? This is a known issue and we are working on fixing it.

The reason you have seen it working is as I mentioned it works with most of our landline customers and there are cases like yours where it does not work or only sometimes. Also if you get a call from another ooma subscriber then the caller-id is correctly displayed.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, theindigen. To answer your question, yes I have CID with Qwest, my landline provider. I have no clue how far I am from the central office. The CID as worked flawlessly at my phone for over three years so I don't think it's Qwest's fault. Then again, anything is possible. I am certainely not sticking up for Qwest when they charged me $150 for a 20 minute service call six months ago. Hellooooo, ooma. ;)

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Lee wrote:Thanks for the reply, theindigen. To answer your question, yes I have CID with Qwest, my landline provider. I have no clue how far I am from the central office. The CID as worked flawlessly at my phone for over three years so I don't think it's Qwest's fault. Then again, anything is possible. I am certainely not sticking up for Qwest when they charged me $150 for a 20 minute service call six months ago. Hellooooo, ooma. ;)
Phone companies...... :x
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps