Outbound Caller ID Still Not Working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tm0445
Re: Outbound Caller ID Still Not Working

Post by tm0445 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:19 am

Hi , Don't know if this is the right place, but sure is the right topic:
---I am at 4 weeks with the hub/scout combo, and mostly everything is working , except caller id on outgoing calls -- some people I call say it comes up correctly (mostly long distance, etc. calls) and others (seems like more local calls --) see "unknown" and my ooma phone number instead of my name, so they don't answer . Note this is on a new ooma number, and does not involve any porting, etc.
---I called that (overseas) support number weeks ago and was "assured" that this would be taken care of in 2 or 3 wks -- we're past that now. This is costing me lost time and missed connections because people with caller id do not answer calls w/o names!
---How do I get this resolved?

geostone

Post by geostone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:57 am

I'm in the same kind of situation and have concluded that Ooma can't or won't be able to correct the problem. My home number gives out my home business name, and my business number gives out Ooma, Inc.

I've seen the Ooma q/a about how the various landline and other carriers have to update their databases, etc. Last week, CS had me running up and down the stairs to reset the hub and scout. After assurance that the problem would self-correct over the weekend, it did not.

I'm disappointed in that I've paid for Ooma Premiere service, and the fee to have my CID programmed. The problem has gone on since March...plenty of time for all those other telcoms to update their listings.

As a result, I'm going to look elsewhere at least for business voip service.

Good luck!

George Stone
Clifton, VA

mezzy316

Post by mezzy316 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:24 am

Mine is also still not working. There was some thought that it may start working after November 1, but it is still showing "Null, Null." When I called and they put in the trouble ticket they told me 7-10 days. It's been 14. I guess I get to call them again, although I'm not sure what good it will do.

mezzy316

Post by mezzy316 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 am

Called Ooma CS again, which was interesting since all of their inbound lines are down this morning. Waiting 35 minutes for someone, and then was told they would call me back. Tech called me back and put in another trouble ticket. Oh joy, where have I heard that before. Since this is getting me absolutely nowhere, I think it's time to call the FCC.

Ooma's own website says "Ooma also provides outgoing caller-ID at no extra charge. By default, during activation, your caller-ID will be set to use your last and first names. Well guess what, my name is not Null Null. Since they are not living up to their promises, and they apparently have no idea how to fix their problems, let's see what the FCC can do.

jsb

Post by jsb » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 pm

I am having the same problem; my outbound caller ID has been OOMA INC since installation 2 months ago. All support calls say "this will go away in a week," but it is still there.

C'mon OOMA, fix it.

mezzy316

Post by mezzy316 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 am

So has anyone here had their's fixed yet?

porpie

Post by porpie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:44 am

I got mine working in about 30 minutes! I had the same problem with 2 lines I had ported to ooma. I called customer support to have the CID record updated (both were showing Null, Null). The phone call took quite a while, and they charged me $11.99 for each of the 2 changes. I was promised it would be done in 7-10 business days, but I saw my phone flicker about 30 minutes later. Out of curiosity I called from one line to the other and sure enough, the new caller ID info was displayed.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:51 am

porpie wrote:I got mine working in about 30 minutes! I had the same problem with 2 lines I had ported to ooma. I called customer support to have the CID record updated (both were showing Null, Null). The phone call took quite a while, and they charged me $11.99 for each of the 2 changes. I was promised it would be done in 7-10 business days, but I saw my phone flicker about 30 minutes later. Out of curiosity I called from one line to the other and sure enough, the new caller ID info was displayed.
They shouldn't have charged you to fix broken CID if they set it to your name.
That charge is for someone that wants to change their CID to something else.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rschletty

Post by rschletty » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 am

When I call from one of my two Ooma lines to one of our family Verizon cell phones, the caller ID says "Restricted." My name is Richard, not Restricted! How can I get my name or number to show up on the receiving end for this line?

The other line shows the phone number on the receiving end, for outbound calls. But, as I read comments in this thread, it seems that my name should appear for caller ID.

This is very troubling, as my kids have not taken some of my calls, thinking it was a junk call.

My configuration is this: I ported two previous phone numbers to my Ooma Base and Scout and am now disconnected from Qwest -- i.e. no landline connection.

I have unchecked "Block display of caller ID for outgoing calls" under Preferences: Privacy. However, that only seems to affect one of my lines. The allowance of caller ID only happens for one phone line, not the other. I want separate preferences for each of my ported numbers! I am on the Premium plan and I fully expect to be able to control each phone line's behavior -- i.e. forwarding, caller ID, anonymous call blocking, blacklists, etc.

Finally, I want to be able to call my wife from one Ooma line to the other. Currently, it goes immediately into voicemail. This is NOT the behavior I expect or want.

porpie

Post by porpie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 am

murphy wrote:
porpie wrote:I got mine working in about 30 minutes! I had the same problem with 2 lines I had ported to ooma. I called customer support to have the CID record updated (both were showing Null, Null). The phone call took quite a while, and they charged me $11.99 for each of the 2 changes. I was promised it would be done in 7-10 business days, but I saw my phone flicker about 30 minutes later. Out of curiosity I called from one line to the other and sure enough, the new caller ID info was displayed.
They shouldn't have charged you to fix broken CID if they set it to your name.
That charge is for someone that wants to change their CID to something else.
Yeah, I wondered about that, but didn't have the time or stamina to probe that issue. My caller ID for both of my ported lines was coming up "Null, Null" which is clearly broken... but I did ask them to set the ID as my business name, so in that case they may have charged me anyway.