OOMA TELO HANDSET

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
cirusx
Re: OOMA TELO HANDSET

Post by cirusx » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:43 am

I purchased the Ooma Telo handset from Best Buy and it can not be used. Ooma is not giving out the pin.

cirusx

Post by cirusx » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 am

The Handset PIN number will be available on November 16th. Handset shipping on november 13?

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I too picked up a Telo and a Telo Handset from BestBuy today and discovered that I can't use either; I don't even have a wired phone to plug in at the moment so I can't use the system at all. I bothered to go to bestBuy rather than save money and order on Amazon because Amazon said that they didn't have stock and BestBuy did :-( It seems a bit crazy that they can't sort out PIN numbers until next week; are they really cutting their software development that close that they can't just switch it on now that the handsets are out there?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Nicko wrote: I bothered to go to bestBuy rather than save money and order on Amazon because Amazon said that they didn't have stock and BestBuy did
Actually, Amazon's statement is not that they don't have stock, but:
This item has not yet been released.
Amazon is following what Ooma is telling them about release, while BestBuy is not.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Nicko wrote:I too picked up a Telo and a Telo Handset from BestBuy today and discovered that I can't use either; I don't even have a wired phone to plug in at the moment so I can't use the system at all. I bothered to go to bestBuy rather than save money and order on Amazon because Amazon said that they didn't have stock and BestBuy did :-( It seems a bit crazy that they can't sort out PIN numbers until next week; are they really cutting their software development that close that they can't just switch it on now that the handsets are out there?

Nico, it is a Best Buy complaint and not Ooma. The handset sales begin next week. BB is out of the starting gate before the bell. Best Buy should be telling customers that they cannot activate or as someone else suggested, they should post some sinage to that effect. Your complaint should be with them.

XMEOME

Post by XMEOME » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:55 pm

I guess some of the confusion is that the Ooma's user portal stated the pin would be avalible the week of the 9th this week and it was pushed out for some reason and now it states pins will be avalibe on Nov 16th not really a big deal I am ready to roll when Ooma is I value the product and have made the investment and am sure they will resolve any issue they are having.

XMEOME

Post by XMEOME » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Yes it is readable. I would think that they would be coming out with a follow on maybe with a color display and to maybe enhance it further for those that have problems seeing the display to include a function to maybe increase the font size. Just M2C I have no idea of Ooma's future plans but this would be nice to add the ability to update the HS as well.

wtnixon

Post by wtnixon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Come on... BB deals with dvd and music release dates every week. If Ooma really cared, they would not have shipped it out this early. Everything up to this week said it was going to be available Nov 9th. So why should BB be blamed for going by what Ooma has been saying?

oomamax

Post by oomamax » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:41 pm

XMEOME wrote:Yes it is readable. I would think that they would be coming out with a follow on maybe with a color display and to maybe enhance it further for those that have problems seeing the display to include a function to maybe increase the font size. Just M2C I have no idea of Ooma's future plans but this would be nice to add the ability to update the HS as well.
My handset is charged, but just says "Not SUB". None of the buttons do anything. How do you know it's readable? Is there something I can do before a pin? Any by the way, what is the link to their date for having pin numbers?
Thanks.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:54 pm

oomamax wrote: Any by the way, what is the link to their date for having pin numbers?
Thanks.
https://my.ooma.com/account/system