Problem Deleting Emails Under Forwarding and Notifications

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
GearGuy
Problem Deleting Emails Under Forwarding and Notifications

Post by GearGuy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:11 am

I can not delete unwanted email addresses added under Preferences -> Voicemail -> Forwarding and Notifications

When I choose "Delete", the page is refreshed and the email address disappears. But when I choose "Save", the page refreshes and the email address re-appears.

If I choose "Delete" again, the page is refreshed and the email address disappears. If I do not choose "Save" but instead navigate to another page and then back, say "Blacklists" and then back to "Voicemail", the email address re-appears.

Originally I selected the "Include Attachment" option to "Yes", but after trying to delete the email address, it reverts to "No" automatically.

There is no option to edit any of existing email addresses. Only Add or Delete.

You can re-enter the same email address with the attachment option set to "Yes". But if I try and delete the duplicate email address entry with the "Include Attachment" option set to "No", the page refreshes ok, but if I choose "Save", it takes me to a page that states,
"The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved."

Also, when I log out of My Ooma and then back in, the duplicate email address option with the "Include Attachment" option set to "Yes" entered in the above paragraph disappears, reverting back to the stuck email address with the "Include Attachment" option set to "No".

So I am stuck with notices being sent to 2 of my email address without voicemail attachments.

System:
Windows XP Home
Firefox version 3.5.3

GearGuy

Re: Problem Deleting Emails Under Forwarding and Notifications

Post by GearGuy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:11 am

snuballer7 also appears to have issues with this feature. He has posted here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4596
He mentions problems with the "Include Attachment" reverting from "Yes" to "No" right after saving a new email address.

My Updates:
Upgraded Firefox to version 3.5.5
Updated Windows with latest updates (3 total including MRT)
Rebooted computer

Logged into My Ooma and tried to delete the second email in my list of 2. The screen refreshed and the email disappeared. But after choosing "Save", the email came back to the list. So I tried to delete the first email in my list of 2. The screen refreshed and the email disappeared. I clicked on "Save" and this time the email did NOT return! So I tried to delete the remaining email from the list and again it worked! Maybe support just completed repair of this issue?

So I tried adding an email line back to the list and chose "Yes" to "Include Attachment" and clicked on "Save". The email was properly added to the list and "Yes" remains chosen. Logged out of My Ooma and back in and the email choice remained on the list with "Yes" chosen under "Include Attachment". So the issue that snuballer7 mentioned also appears to be corrected?

:D I thank support if they did address the issues identified in a fairly quick manner. I just wish that they could have at least mentioned here in the post that they confirmed that the issue existed and were addressing the problem. I don't know if the fix was something I did or they did on their end?

NEW ISSUE:
So I tried to take my settings one step further and wanted to add my non-email cell phone to the list. Chose "Mobile/SMS" under "Type", added my 10 digit number without spaces under "Mobile", chose "Verizon" under "Provider". When I choose Save, it took me to a blank page with the following message:
'Ooma logo at the top'
"We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page.
If this page continues to appear, please contact Ooma Support. You can also report this issue in the Ooma Forum."
Chose the back navigation button to get back to My Ooma

I tried the same process a second time and after choosing Save, I was taken to another blank page that stated:
"The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved."

Tried a 3rd time. Used back navigation button to get back to My Ooma. Logged out and then back in. Tried adding my mobile number again. Chose Save. This time it stayed within My Ooma and gave me a status message that "Voicemail settings successfully saved", but my mobile number disappeared from the list. So I navigated to another page with My Ooma and then back to "Voicemail", and there my mobile number is sitting in the number one spot in the list??? Ok.... So I tried logging out and then back in to My Ooma. Hey, my mobile number is still in the list!!! But NOW, my email account "Include Attachment" setting has reverted to "No"!!!!

:shock: Are you guys in support screwing with my head!?!?!? Come on!!! What gives???

Log out and back in, no change. So I delete the email address from the list.... Works ok. Log out and back in, email address is gone and mobile number remains. Good. Added email address back to the list, choosing "Yes" to "Include Attachment", choose Save, page updates, status message states "Voicemail settings successfully saved", email address is no where to be found!!! Ugh! Tried navigated to the "Call Forwarding" tab and then back to the "Voicemail" tab. Guess what... Email address is now on the list with "Yes" still set under the "Include Attachment" option!!! :shock: Ok... Log out and then back in. Check settings.... ALL SETTINGS ARE NOW CORRECT!!!! :) What the heck!?!?!

At this point I am going to stop playing around with it but clearly there are some issues related to this section of the settings that should be looked at. If you are a user experiencing similar trouble, I hope that you can gain something from this post and hopefully the issues will be addressed soon. right now, persistence with manipulating the settings seems to have payed off so far.

GearGuy

Post by GearGuy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:43 am

Oh and I want to make it clear that my tone of the above is not being pissed off but rather finding it to be pretty amusing....
I am very happy to have my Ooma up and running and I think that this is a great service despite having to work around a few bugs. :)

GearGuy

Post by GearGuy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:28 am

Forwarded an email version of this thread to Support for attention.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 am

Hi GearGuy - thanks for the report and the detailed steps you took to produce the problem. We've filed internal bug 6723 on this issue and we'll work to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

GearGuy

Post by GearGuy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Bobby B wrote:Hi GearGuy - thanks for the report and the detailed steps you took to produce the problem. We've filed internal bug 6723 on this issue and we'll work to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Bobby
Thanks Bobby B. Looking forward to a fix. Sounds like this issue is growing momentum amongst users.

To date I have avoided any further changes and the settings have remained as last set. To get them may have been pure luck?

Regarding the details, the behavior was so bizarre that recording each step seemed to be the only way to truly indicate what was going on. Hope it helps. I understand how difficult it can be to re-create and verify some issues.

hteinlin

Post by hteinlin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 pm

I had the same problem too. I was able to delete an entry after I turned off ooma and turned it back on.

GearGuy

Post by GearGuy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:48 pm

I see that the menus look a bit different now. Has the issue been corrected? I'm hesitant about playing around with it until a correction is confirmed.

Thank you.