Number has been disconnected during port...

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
av8rdude
Re: Number has been disconnected during port...

Post by av8rdude » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:38 am

scots wrote:Today was exactly 4 weeks since I got an e-mail from ooma stating that they had everything they needed to start the porting process. Haven't heard anything from anyone at ooma since then. Yesterday my AT&T line stopped receiving incoming calls, and anyone who called my number got a message saying "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again." I was still able to place outgoing calls on the AT&T line. This afternoon I got an e-mail from AT&T stating that my account was being cancelled by request. When I got home from work I checked the AT&T line and discovered I was now unable to place outgoing calls on the AT&T line. ooma is still working under my temporary number, and people are still unable to call my number I had with AT&T.
This is what happened to me and by the end of the day the port was complete. I got 2 emails confirming the port completion.

Hopefully they work on the weekends to complete your port....

Scott

scots

Re: Number has been disconnected during port...

Post by scots » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 am

av8rdude wrote:
This is what happened to me and by the end of the day the port was complete. I got 2 emails confirming the port completion.

Hopefully they work on the weekends to complete your port....

Scott
Today makes 3 days in a row now that people have been unable to call my number that I'm trying to port. I got an e-mail earlier today from ooma saying that they're still waiting for a confirmation and expected completion date. I called ooma, and the person I spoke with said that AT&T shouldn't have disconnected my service yet if ooma hadn't received confirmation/completion date. He said he'd escalate the issue and call me back later today.